color
clarity

Oval settings?

Which setting do you admire?

• oval with halo(pave)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brighteyes

Rough_Rock
I can''t seem to decide if I like
1) an oval set with half moon sidestones(kaleigh),
2) an oval with a halo(pave?), or
3) an oval with half moon sides and halo setting(example:knox jewelers)?

Which setting do you like best and which do you think will add more sparkle?

33.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2, but I''m partial
emwink.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I need to see some pics, as they all sound good to me. I think I''d go for the half moons OR the halo, as I can''t quite imagine having both in one ring (pics appreciated!!).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Kaleigh''s oval w/half moons
3.gif
3.gif

kov11.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Definitely half-moon sides in a sleek setting without a lot of "extra" metal, like Kaleigh''s.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I could like all your choices.
9.gif
But how about another one to muddy the waters. I found this during some searching. It's not really an oval, some other cut, but the principal is the same. I thought it was really pretty!

ovalwithpears.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for #3 or one like ellen posted
30.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my oval/pave halo

stephovalhalo.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it''s big, sorry about that.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love the simplicity of Kaleigh''s setting (and its Leon, so that just makes it all the better...
2.gif
) I think that the Oval and Halfmoons with pave will (is) be beautiful also, but it just depends on what kind of look you are going for.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I agree. I like the simplicity of the oval w/half moons, esp. for daily wear.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 1:50:57 PM
Author: Ellen
9.gif
But how about another one to muddy the waters. I found this during some searching. It''s not really an oval, some other cut, but the principal is the same. I thought it was really pretty!
Ellen - Where did you find that stunner? Not that I have the $$ right now but still...can''t hurt to look.
2.gif

I love an oval with half moon sides!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked #2. I love Halo''s

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 6:41:23 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Ellen - Where did you find that stunner? Not that I have the $$ right now but still...can''t hurt to look.
2.gif

I love an oval with half moon sides!
I found it on here. And I didn''t think to save the thread it was from. I have no idea what exactly I was searching for at the time when I found it, it''s been a few weeks.

It wasn''t like from a shop though as I recall, of course there''s always the chance I''m wrong. But I want to think it was posted in a thread along with some other unusual fancy cuts, more just for discussions sake. Wish I could remember what was being discussed.
20.gif

If I remember/find it, I''ll let ya know!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif
But how about another one to muddy the waters. I found this during some searching. It''s not really an oval, some other cut, but the principal is the same. I thought it was really pretty!

2.gif

That ring is by Doy:

http://www.doy-usa.com/fine_jewelry/fine_jewelry.htm

Three fine rose diamonds surrounded by tiny diamonds mounted as a ring in platinum.

3 rose diamonds 2.43 ct
Tiny diamonds 1.14 ct

Total Diamonds 3.57ct

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 7:29:37 PM
Author: Ninama

9.gif

2.gif

That ring is by Doy:

http://www.doy-usa.com/fine_jewelry/fine_jewelry.htm

Three fine rose diamonds surrounded by tiny diamonds mounted as a ring in platinum.

3 rose diamonds 2.43 ct
Tiny diamonds 1.14 ct

Total Diamonds 3.57ct

Hmmm - too bad. Has anyone ever been able to get a response from them through their website? I enquired about a piece once & never got a response back...
40.gif

Sorry for interrrupting the thread!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Marvel's oval halo is my favorite.....I do also love Kaleigh's ring....

marvels.jpg

Brighteyes

Rough_Rock
It is such a hard decision. I love them all. I think the halo would make the oval look bigger but I love how half moons flow with an oval. I think I am moving towards the oval with half moons because most of my friends that have gotten engaged recently have a RB with a halo and I''ve never seen anyone around here with an Oval and half moons. I really don''t know that many people with ovals when I think about it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 10:42:56 AM
Author: Brighteyes
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=1060&action=show_detail

Here is an example of the oval with half moons and halo setting. I think it might be to much?
I think maybe this particular one is anyway....

I love the look of an oval w/half moons. Kaleigh''s is one of THE most stunning, well proportioned rings I''ve ever seen. Can''t go wrong with that look, if it''s put together well.

Just make sure, in trying to get something "different", which I totally understand, that you get something you''ll be totally happy with.
28.gif

Brighteyes

Rough_Rock
I love kaleigh''s ring. It is simple yet stunning. Does anyone know how about much a setting like that will cost (white gold with .55 to .60 ctw half moons)?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 11:13:17 AM
I love kaleigh''s ring. It is simple yet stunning. Does anyone know how about much a setting like that will cost (white gold with .55 to .60 ctw half moons)?
I have no idea, part of it will depend on who you have put it together. WG will help bring the cost down.

You don''t mention the oval here, do you already have it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 11:24:42 AM

Date: 11/27/2007 11:13:17 AM
I have no idea, part of it will depend on who you have put it together. WG will help bring the cost down.

You don''t mention the oval here, do you already have it?
The setting was under 2K. That doesn''t include the half moons. HTH, glad you like my ring!!! Do you already have the oval??

Brighteyes

Rough_Rock
I don''t have the oval yet or at least I don''t think he has the oval yet. We are looking in the 1.5 to 1.8 range. Ovals are so hard to buy. Since there is no real Ideal cut oval it is hard to find the right one. Any advice kaleigh?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results