shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval diamond opinions please?

Nicm

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I'm on the verge of purchasing this diamond and would love to know what you all think?

The depth is 65.5%, which is the deepest I've ever considered. I'd also only been looking at VS2+ previously.

Thanks for any advice :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The areas in blue mark where there is good light return (through the center). The areas with red lines is where I like
to see more good facets show up as the stone turns. By good facets I mean distinct facets that are returning light well.
(this is your stone below that I've marked up) I dont think its a bad stone. Wait till you see it in person. If its sparkling
enough for you and you like the look...that's great!
Capture.jpg

Watch these stones as they turn. You'll see more "good" facets show up as the stone moves. You want to maximize the
"good" facets and minimize the "mushy" areas. I'm not saying these stones are perfect but watch the facets light up.

Nicm

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much @tyty333. I think I am going to order this and see what it is like in person. I love the examples you've given and totally see what you mean. If this one doesn't work out then I will go back and look for something more like your examples.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results