shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval Diamond Clarity and Color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m in the market for a 2 ct oval diamond. When I bought my 1.5 ct emerald cut, I got a H color, VS2 (with the one tiny inclusion under the prong- nothing visible), because I heard VS2 is the lowest you want to go with an emerald cut since you can see through the table. My question is- with an oval, could I possibly go down to a SI1 clarity, since it has more facets? I am all about getting the best CUT diamond for the money, and compromising on clarity as long as my EYE can''t tell the difference. Also, any advice on color (since it''s a little bit larger, should I go above H? or can I even go I?) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Natasha

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif
Hi!

If you can get your jeweler to present you with 3, 4 diamonds in the range of J to G, SI2 to VS2 would be ideal. In a bigger diamond with more facets, color will show more and inclusions will show less than in your emerald cut. So, if the emerald cut is H VS1, the oval could be F-G SI1-2. You should be able to get an eye clean SI2, The first clarity grade with eye-visible inclusions is suposed to be I1, in theory. Of course, it all depends on what kind and where the inclusions might turn out to be in the stone...

Hope all this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results