shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval diamond and ASET opinions please

Nicm

Rough_Rock
Me again... I started a new thread because this is a new stone with ASETs this time. I hope that's ok. I'm hoping to get your expert opinions on what I hope are my final options so I can make my purchase.

I'm really quite liking this diamond https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.00-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-sku-7766084
I know it's not one of the best ovals, and I'm willing to give a little up for the extra size. Here is the ASET:
1596667525138.png

My other options are:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.01-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-sku-6536491 which I posted before. Here is the ASET:
1596667814831.png

Or:
3. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.01-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-8432267
4. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.00-carat-e-color-vs2-clarity-sku-9243328
5. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.00-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-8596555
I don't have an ASET for these.

What do you think? Be brutally honest.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wins by landslide

I find the bow tie to be more obvious in this stone.
Other than that, I like it.
Others posted above (minus the first example) have smaller bow ties.
I am not a fan of OP’s first stone; it seems asymmetrical to my eyes, and the bow tie is more noticeable.

Nicm

Rough_Rock
I am not a fan of OP’s first stone; it seems asymmetrical to my eyes, and the bow tie is more noticeable.

Thank you both! I still can't seem to choose. You definitely helped me get closer though!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I like the one FP picked slightly better as far as nicer faceting under the table. It is also slightly larger than your first choice if you are going
to tradeoff on size. JA has a good return policy so if you get it and decide you dont like the tradeoff you can always return for a different choice
(I know you'd rather not but sometimes you dont know what you like until you see it in person.)

Nicm

Rough_Rock
So I like the one FP picked slightly better as far as nicer faceting under the table. It is also slightly larger than your first choice if you are going
to tradeoff on size. JA has a good return policy so if you get it and decide you dont like the tradeoff you can always return for a different choice
(I know you'd rather not but sometimes you dont know what you like until you see it in person.)

Thank you! I have just placed my order. So excited!! Thank you so much for all of your help and advice.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the reasons.

1. It is an E. This is significant IMO.
2. L/W ratio of 1.41. I really like elongated ovals. I think they are graceful.
3. Great spread
4. Shallow and elongated ovals usually leak light terribly, and/or have severe bowtie. This one doesn't. In fact, it is the brightest among these. Nice chunky facets.
5. When tilted, you can see both pavilion main (arrow) and lower girdle facet responding. all the way to the edge. In many ovals, this area is dead.

ovall.png

Nicm

Rough_Rock
Here are the reasons.

1. It is an E. This is significant IMO.
2. L/W ratio of 1.41. I really like elongated ovals. I think they are graceful.
3. Great spread
4. Shallow and elongated ovals usually leak light terribly, and/or have severe bowtie. This one doesn't. In fact, it is the brightest among these. Nice chunky facets.
5. When tilted, you can see both pavilion main (arrow) and lower girdle facet responding. all the way to the edge. In many ovals, this area is dead.

ovall.png

Thank you so much!!
The colour and ratio is a big thing for me too. Point number 5 is something I would never have noticed - thank you. I've placed the order now and am so excited! Thank you for all of your help and advice. It has been much appreciated!! I was devastated to lose my engagement ring, but this is a definite upgrade. Every cloud!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!!
The colour and ratio is a big thing for me too. Point number 5 is something I would never have noticed - thank you. I've placed the order now and am so excited! Thank you for all of your help and advice. It has been much appreciated!! I was devastated to lose my engagement ring, but this is a definite upgrade. Every cloud!

Congrats on narrowing it down and putting in your order! Let us know what you think when you get it.

Nicm

Rough_Rock
Congrats on narrowing it down and putting in your order! Let us know what you think when you get it.

Thanks :D I'm very grateful to you. It feels like forever before it will arrive, but I will definitely post a pic or 2 on show me the bling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results