shape
carat
color
clarity

Outdoor reception

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
I have found the perfect outdoor location on the water. It is avalible on the date I would like and I have always wanted an outdoor reception but.... The average evening temp on that day for the past 5 years is 80. Is that too hot? Personally I am perfectly comfortable at 80 in the evening since there is not any sunlight and also because it is breezy near the water but I am worried about the guys. What do you think?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
What time is your reception, and would you have a tent? I think 80 is getting up there...especially if you have any older guests, but I think as long as you have adequate shade for them, it should be okay. I think there might be some extra hassal involved though...think trying to keep the cake from melting and the flowers from wilting, but if you have your heart set on it, then go for it!

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
It would be 8pm-midnight. The average temp stays at about 80 through those hours.

It's South Florida so there's only a few winter months when we dip into the 70s.
7.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour were held outside from 7-8:30 in Southern California in August, it was probably around 80 degrees at the beginning of the wedding. It was a bit too warm for me and DH getting ready and during pictures (we took them beforehand and it was in the 80s) but by the time the ceremony started it was fine (and I hate being hot).

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I had an outdoor wedding for about 75 people in summer. The average was around 80. It turned out to be closer to 90. We got married on a terrace with no shade. Short ceremony...good thing. The sweat from my back dripped into my shoes. The reception was also held outside under a bunch of trees. It was much cooler and very pleasant. I didn''t have any complaints about the reception.

In south Florida, I think the humidity rather than the heat itself could be the deciding factor. Most people can tolerate being HOT in a less humid climate, but they don''t like being HOT and STICKY. That being said, if you all your guests already live in south Florida and are accustomed to the warm, moist air then you''ll probably be fine. If you do decide to do it outside, I''d make sure to have some large fans set up to make sure the air moves. Leave room between the tables so the air can get through easier.

I loved my outdoor wedding and wouldn''t have changed it for the world. If you really want to do it, I think you can make it work!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I say go for it as you won''t be dealing with direct (or hardly any) sunlight at that hour!

How about having fans double as programs for your ceremony? They would certainly come in handy for any "hot" guests!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
i agree. If you can avoid the sun or if most of your guests are from similiar climates, don''t worry to much.
If it was going to be that hot, humid and sunny, I wouldn''t go to that wedding to be honest. However, I find that nights aren''t too bad, especially near the water.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results