shape
carat
color
clarity

Ouros Jewels/Vijay eternity band CAD

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
I just received the CAD for my eternity band from Vijay - any suggestions or does it look good as is?

Screenshot_20201109-233002~2.png

Below is the pic on the listing and I like how it looks kind of scalloped - based on the CAD will mine also have that look? Sorry if that's not the right terminology, but I don't want the prongs to make it look completely straight across on the top and bottom and it kind of looks like that in the CAD to me, but not sure how it will look in real life.
Screenshot_20201106-195244~2.png

Lastly, is the gold 'sizing bar' too big or too small? Part of me wants to put another diamond in, but that would really limit it getting sized down - however if it does need sized in the future I would assume it would need to be made larger.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
The CAD and photo don't display the same ring. The internal prongs in the photo are much closer together, towards the centre, showing off more of the diamonds edge to make the overall appearance round. The CAD looks like my eternity ring, which is a vintage style where the prongs are wider to make the individual stones's area look squarer if that makes sense? I would point that out to Ouros.

As for the sizing bar, I think there's a limit to how bigger/smaller you can make a 7/8 eternity band anyway so it the bar shouldn't be as wide as shown. There's just no point unless you'd like a stone free area for comfort? Mostly I've seen them the width of one or two stones.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
Thank you @monipod the second photo was the listing and I 'customized' it to get in in white gold and 7/8 eternity. I will mention the prongs to him. I wasn't sure if prongs just seemed bigger on a CAD

So do you think I could add another diamond in the band and still be ok to size up/down a quarter or half size? Honestly, I've been a 4.5 for at least the last 5 years, so maybe I don't need it at all. But not being able to resize at all just seems so permanent lol

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree about the prongs. I prefer the prongs in the photo to the ones in the CAD. I don't know much about resizing, but I haven't changed sizes in about 10 years, so I've made all mine full eternities. I love seeing the diamonds from any angle.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
@Kim N thanks for your input - I also prefer those prongs, I just wanted to confirm that they were actually different lol I'm not used to looking at CADs.

Size 4.5 in the summer fits perfectly & in the winter is a little lose but not to the point where it'll slide off accidently (thanks to my knuckles). I think I'll sleep on it tonight but am already leaning towards changing to full eternity

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I also prefer the pinched in prongs! And I would go with full eternity. The only thing I could think is if you plan to have kids and haven't yet, your size could change but mine never did (except for a bit right at the end of my pregnancies from swelling).

It would make me crazy if I got an almost full eternity and it spun and I could see that little gold bar. I want an eternity even though I honestly think they're a bit of a waste and not super practical. The whole point to me is enjoying the unbroken look of the diamonds, always and from all angles.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
I did ask him to make it a full eternity & I should have an updated CAD later today. Also, he did say in production the prongs would he smaller but they look larger on the CAD but they are the same on both rings...

@Decision_Decisions I also wanted to let you know the link I sent you in the other post (the etsy listing) is only for 3/4 eternity. I misunderstood and thought it was for full eternity as the listing states eternity in it a few times. So to get full eternity I did have to pay some extra. Still a good price and I can DM (is that a thing?) What I paid if you like.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, if you havnt had kids yet go up 1/2 size. Your ering should keep it from falling off and you could get sizing beads for now to fit perfect. Then you could go full eternity. I was a size 7.25 when we got married. 40 years later I’m an 8-8.5 depending on the weather.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
Agreed, if you havnt had kids yet go up 1/2 size. Your ering should keep it from falling off and you could get sizing beads for now to fit perfect. Then you could go full eternity. I was a size 7.25 when we got married. 40 years later I’m an 8-8.5 depending on the weather.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same thing that I could always add sizing beads. That seems like the best route

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I would look at sizing beads but make sure they are set for comfort. There is an ideal distance apart for the beads, but I can't think who it was on here who mentioned it.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
I would look at sizing beads but make sure they are set for comfort. There is an ideal distance apart for the beads, but I can't think who it was on here who mentioned it.

Wow, I didn't realize that about the sizing beads, before I get any added (if needed) I'll make sure to do my research. Thanks for pointing that out.

I approved the updated CAD yesterday morning and am already impatiently waiting for another update lol patience isn't my thing!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I didn't realize that about the sizing beads, before I get any added (if needed) I'll make sure to do my research. Thanks for pointing that out.

I approved the updated CAD yesterday morning and am already impatiently waiting for another update lol patience isn't my thing!

Yes :) I think you want them placed just outside the line where your finger is joined to your palm, if that makes sense? You won't feel them unlike if you placed them too inwards. Hopefully Ouros can assist with positioning.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I did ask him to make it a full eternity & I should have an updated CAD later today. Also, he did say in production the prongs would he smaller but they look larger on the CAD but they are the same on both rings...

@Decision_Decisions I also wanted to let you know the link I sent you in the other post (the etsy listing) is only for 3/4 eternity. I misunderstood and thought it was for full eternity as the listing states eternity in it a few times. So to get full eternity I did have to pay some extra. Still a good price and I can DM (is that a thing?) What I paid if you like.

You can't private message in PS. I can just ask for my own quote if I decide to move forward. Thanks for the update about the link you sent, I was confused when I saw that the pics weren't full eternity.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted. Did he give you an idea on timing?

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
You can't private message in PS. I can just ask for my own quote if I decide to move forward. Thanks for the update about the link you sent, I was confused when I saw that the pics weren't full eternity.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted. Did he give you an idea on timing?

I have just received my eternity band from labgrowndiamondco and I am delighted with it. It’s a 3mm shared prong 3/4 band. Just an alternative vendor if you are shopping around. Here are some bad lighting pics!

78D34E8D-5B02-48C3-A987-3F35D10CD848.jpeg A149C60F-1214-454B-B68B-2BF59810D761.jpeg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bumping! Did you end up receiving the eternity? I am curious because I am working with Ouros on my own eternity as well! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results