shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Trip to Glacier National Park

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just returned from a week in Glacier National Park located in Northern Montana. Here are some photos. It is gorgeous there.

This photo is one of many falls you''ll see due to snow melt and runoff on the mountains.

glacier14.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was cloudy most days making for interesting shots like this of clouds lower than the mountain peaks.

glacier12.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many streams like this. We thought the steam rising off the water was cool.

glacier25.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very cool water fall that went back in to the mountain.

glacier24.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many large lakes but most of my photos were taken when it was cloudy. The sun finally came out for this shot.

glacier6.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The park has a "Road to the Sun" that wasn''t opened until July 2nd. Here we are at the peak where there is still a lot of snow.

glacier17.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ I didn''t realize where you had been! OMG! Those pictures are fantastic!! Glorious!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of some of the snow runoff and a nice snow drift.

glacier3.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is referred to as the "Weeping Wall" again where snow is melting and running off the mountain.

glacier2.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a close up of a mountain goat.

glacier16.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The use these shuttles to take people around the park. They run on propane.

glacier21.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the highlights of the week was my first helicopter ride. They took us VERY close to the glaciers and mountain peaks.

glacier7.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a close up of some of the glaciers from the helicopter.

glacier9.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Us at our best.

glacier22.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me in front of our new summer home. LOL!

glacier11.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my HLT friends. Me in front of a chocolate candy store. I did eat a piece of peanut butter fudge but threw out the chocolate I bought. It wasn''t that good.

glacier10.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only rings I took with me on the trip. My wrings and my sapphire ring.

glacier5.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH had to have equal time with his watch.

glacier18.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Marcy, those pictures are sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I wouldn''t want to come home. What a peaceful place to camp. My husband would LOVE it there. I love the mountain goat, he is so darn cute. All of the waterfalls are breathtaking.

You look fantastic lady!!!!!! Love the picture of you and your hubby. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another shot of us with some beautiful scenery.

Thanks for looking.

glacier15.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Somethingshiny and Linda. It was very tough to come home. It was so pretty there.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, that picture of you on the lake is gorgeous. It looks like it could have been taken in Austria.

BTW, my hubby gives me the rabbit ears in pictures too, tee hee.

Linda

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Marcy, thank you for posting the photos. This is one of my favorite spots on earth. Did you cross over to Lake Louise? It is really nice to see such beautiful scenery. Hope you had a blast - sure looks like it.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those shots are breath taking! Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I think the watch shot is cute!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, was it crowded there??? It didn''t look like it

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking photo''s Marcy, you and your hubby look fab!!!! Wow, the waterfalls and ice melt are so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing such amazing pictures; I almost felt like I was right there with you two cuties! hehe I want to go now!
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing photos Marcy!!! What a magestic spot that is. And you and your hubby look great. How was the helicopter ride, were you scared at all?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A view of some of the mountains from our boat ride.

glacier1.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, Austria must be lovely if it looks like Glacier. The wedding photo we have hanging in our living room has bunny ears. Tee hee. It wasn’t too crowded until Thursday and Friday. The day the road over the top opened it was pretty busy.

Beth, I can see why it’s your favorite place on Earth. It is gorgeous there. I don’t remember Lake Louise. We didn’t make it to one place so that must have been it; rats.

Thanks Elegant. I hope you get to see it sometime.

Thanks Skippy. You and your hubby should go there. I can’t say enough good things about it.

Kaleigh, I was a little nervous about the helicopter ride but once I got in it and we took off I loved it. We even called them again on Friday to see if they had an opening for the hour ride. We just took the 30 minute ride the first time. They took us by the glaciers and up the pass and around some of the lakes. Sadly they didn’t have any hour tours open that afternoon. I am glad you liked the photos.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, this lake picture is gorgeous. Rick and I will have to make this trip. I love it!!!!!

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results