shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Semi-DIY Invitations (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here are our semi DIY invitations.

We ordered custom pocket folds from cardsandpockets.com. We choose the color metallic sand because we wanted it to look, well..."sandy''

This is the pocketfold

Invitations280.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Then FI placed two holes in the pocket so that I could make a bow...

This is him here...

Invitations281.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We had help from a graphic designer to create the actual invitations. We used one of our engagement pics for the first panel. And used glue dots to attach the page to the pocketfold panel.

Invitations283.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This is the invitation portion and we also used glue dots to attach it to the middle panel.

Invitations285.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I then used raffia to make a bow inside the invitation to tie the outside and inside (as well as the information packets I had previously mailed!)

Invitations286.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Then we placed the inserts inside the pockets.

Oh! I forgot to mention that after the graphic designer helped with our invite design, I translated all the text into Spanish and created a whole separate invitation. We then went to Office Max...yes...OFFICE MAX and got both sets printed and cut to make the invitations...

Invitations288.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
These are the first two inserts: RSVP, and Reception

Invitations2911.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
These are the last two inserts: Resort Map and Wedding Itinerary...

Invitations2901.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I used ribbon to wrap the invitations...

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I used ribbon from Michaels to wrap the invitations...

Invitations293.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
...and tied raffia around the ribbon

Invitations295.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, these are gorgeous! Your FI''s kinda yummy, too, haha!
11.gif
Love the pic of you two--so cute! Anyway, sorry if I''m interrupting--I just got so excited by how lovely these are that I couldn''t contain myselef! Actually, I couldn''t even type "myself" so yeah, I''m goofy! GAWGEOUS invites!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This is several invitations waiting for the envelopes

Invitations299.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This pic is of the outer envelope. I forgot to take a picture of the inner envelopes...

These went into a wooden box that FI stained and varnished and sanded...

Invitations301.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This was the final product. I bought these starfish at Michael''s and hot glued them to the lid of the box. I then tied raffia around the box and put a gift tag with the names on them.

We only mailed about 25 and hand delivered most of the others. (My mom got a box of about 15 for her to distribute and my FMIL took about 10 as well)...

That''s it! Let me know what you guys think! We''ve gotten so many compliments and we really LOVE them!

Invitations345.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, with the boxes and everything, these are so cool that my feelings are hurt that I don''t have one! What AWESOME invitations!!!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU, DOODLE! And yes...I am madly in love with FI, he''s completely yummy and everything good!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, great job! Those look fantastic!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are utterly fabulous invites! Kudos!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!! I LOVE them!!!!! You did SUCH a good job!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW... You can really see the effort that you and your FI put in- if I was a guest I would be so pleased to recieve one of the invites.. it really sets the tone for your wedding.. FABULOUS!!!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I raellllllllllllly wanted to do boxed invitations but I couldn''t find cardboard boxes that I liked and didn''t have to 93497349827 of since I only needed 20.

Your invites look great and I think that your guests will be honored to receive them.

If you don''t mind me asking, how much did the printing cost at Office Max? Did you supply your own card stock?

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Those are absolutely fantastic! WOW. Love, love, love the boxes... now that is the ultimate finishing touch!
36.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
The printing and paper at Office Max cost us $189.00USD plus tax.

They did 125 in English and 25 in Spanish and we selected:

Premium Glossy Photo Paper for the first Panel
80# linen paper for the invitation on the second panel plus the three larger inserts
100# linen paper for the smallest insert (our RSVP) because that one would be mailed back on it''s own and we wanted it to be a bit sturdier.

Keep in mind that we doubled up everything though. We gave them the entire file already laid out (2 photos to each page, so they did 65 in English and 15 in Spanish; 2 invitations on each page 65/E and 15/S; 2 of the top insert on each page 65E and 15/S; 3 of the middle inserts on each page 45/E and 10/S; and 4 of the last insert per page 35/E and 8/S.

The cutting was free since we bought the paper and printing there. I was very happy with the service. We specifically chose a longer lead time so that we didn''t have to pay rush fees, but the guy was great and did them overnight for us.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so cool!!! If I were invited, I would be FLOORED at how much time you spent on them. Great job!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, those certainly don''t look DIY at ALL! And those boxes!!!!! You two are very talented, and crafty too!! I didn''t get that gene from my mother ;-)

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 10:07:10 AM
Author: KatyWI
Oh my goodness, those certainly don''t look DIY at ALL! And those boxes!!!!! You two are very talented, and crafty too!! I didn''t get that gene from my mother ;-)
haha! Thank you! Before this, I would have laughed at anyone who dared to call me creative. It just simply wasn''t there.

But this wedding has been so much fun to do and I am so fortunate that I REALLY DO have a partner that HELPS and doesn''t just sit around waiting for me to do everything. When I did my initial mock up, I was punching the holes for the inside bow totally at random. He took the hole puncher from me and went into full "nerd" mode. He even brought out his protractor! I know! SEKSY!

And he did all the holes on all the pockets...he managed all the boxes from staining to varnishing to sanding to ensure the lids slid on and off.

BTW, I am really proud of that purchase. We found the boxes at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 each and we waited until they were on sale for 60% off all unfinished wood products which brought them down to $1.19 and then I used a coupon I had that was valid on any one time purchase for 40% off total value, so we ordered them all at once and the cost came down to $0.71/each!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 9:27:10 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH
The printing and paper at Office Max cost us $189.00USD plus tax.

They did 125 in English and 25 in Spanish and we selected:

Premium Glossy Photo Paper for the first Panel

80# linen paper for the invitation on the second panel plus the three larger inserts

100# linen paper for the smallest insert (our RSVP) because that one would be mailed back on it's own and we wanted it to be a bit sturdier.

Keep in mind that we doubled up everything though. We gave them the entire file already laid out (2 photos to each page, so they did 65 in English and 15 in Spanish; 2 invitations on each page 65/E and 15/S; 2 of the top insert on each page 65E and 15/S; 3 of the middle inserts on each page 45/E and 10/S; and 4 of the last insert per page 35/E and 8/S.

The cutting was free since we bought the paper and printing there. I was very happy with the service. We specifically chose a longer lead time so that we didn't have to pay rush fees, but the guy was great and did them overnight for us.

Thanks for the information! I am currently waiting on getting my Thank You cards (with a photo on them) printed through my school's printing department and it is taking FOREVER! Since this was so affordable I think I might just get my file back and bring them on over to Office Max!

ETA: Just did the math and that is SUPER cheap for such nice printing! Wow!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Those are amazing!!!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results