shape
carat
color
clarity

Our friends' BEAUTIFUL engagement and wedding rings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The budget: $1750 for three rings.

The story:
September 2010 DH's friend came to me for an engagement ring for his lady. Budget was 1000. He told me he wanted a three stone and that she loves blue. So I reached out to Simply Sapphires and after some emails with John Tolliver bought this beautiful sapphire 7.5x5.7x3.6mm 1.35 carat unheated stone: http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluecns269b-sm.html Luckily it was on sale and when I got it in... I fell in love! So I had a local jeweler order in a three stone setting from Stuller's colored stone settings (which are less pricey) that has two small diamonds on either side of the basket. Flush fit wasn't going to happen, so it was a sacrifice that was made. Ring squeaked under budget.

She LOVED it.

Fast forward several months. Wedding bells are ringing and the budget for two wedding bands is 750.

He wants tungsten but needs a half size and ebay only carries full sized (unless you want to pay too much). So... enter overstock. Their reviewers are very honest and this one had 5 stars across the board, plus it was under 60 bucks including shipping! Score.

That left a nice budget for her band. I sent her a ton of links, primarily from Gabriel and Company's stacker line because I had seen some of their stuff and liked the quality and when I priced it out at ID's site I was able to find a TON of options for her under budget. When I called Yekutiel he was totally on the ball, got the wedding date, gave me a guarantee the band (which was made to order) would be there and the transaction was smooth as silk.

When the band came in she was over the moon at what her budget had garnered her. I was so excited. When I saw the set on their wedding day (I had both wedding bands shipped directly to them) ... OMG, I was totally floored at how her rings looked made for each other.

She gets envious glances and compliments all the time for her elegant and unique set and is still thrilled.

Moral of the story: You can totally get beautiful engagement and wedding jewelry on a budget. It takes a combo of good vendors, luck, sacrifice and creativity. But it can happen!

And finally what everyone cares about, the pics: (sorry for the lack of hand shots but these aren't PSers so bling pictures are a weird request. These are from their wedding day)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS is having difficulties with posting pics.

Ring sizes are 12.5 for the men's band. 5.5 for the ladies. And the wedding band is 1.7mm wide.

Rings in Bouquet.jpg

Rings in Bouquet 2.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Her set is gorgeous! Loooooove the sapphires :love: let them know congrats (on the wedding and the rings) from all of us on PS :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great find, Gypsy! I love the combination - classic sapphire and diamonds always seem timeless.

What a wonderful friend you are :appl: :appl: :appl:

luckky

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful set and the contrast of sapphire with diamond really pretty! How sweet of you to helping them to get such set like that :appl: Congrats and so happy to hear this kinda of story.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous set!! :love: Your friend is so lucky to have YOU personally shopping for him! :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, i totally love her set!!! AMAZING :love: :love: :love: You are such a great friend and i'm sure that they know they couldn't ask a better person for bling help :sun: You did a great job ;))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!!!!! Great job!!! :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, just gorgeous!! Seriously, I would totally wear that set!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set, I really love it. I think it would be fun to shop for other peoples engagement rings. lol

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, what a gorgeous set! How great that you were able to help them like that. That is a set to love forever! I love the band! So perfect!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Great job finding them something so gorgeous on a budget :love:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful set. You would never know something that gorgeous could be created on a small budget. Seriously stunning stone and band!

Mikla

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
First, congratulations to your friends on their wedding. And, the set is stunning! I would definitely wear that! :love: :love:

You also need Gypsy as a friend to help put together a gorgeous set! :bigsmile:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to admire this gorgeous set for one more time :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is just beautiful!! You've put together a gorgeous set for your friend Gypsy, I love it! :love: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations to the bride and groom, and to their wonderful friend Gypsy for a job well done :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - you've out done yourself again! Your impeccable taste truly transcends budgets big and small! :appl: :love:

The bad news for my wallet - you have me lusting for a sapphire set! :errrr:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are great!!!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I adore sapphires and this set is right up my street! I think they look very expensive, too! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous set! The color of that stone is so vibrant! :appl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: Soooo pretty! I love them!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy,

I want a friend like you. Awesome job!!!! :appl:

Post links to the wb site, please?! :love:

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to the bride & groom & to their friend Gypsy for a job WELL DONE :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just wow. You did an amazing job for them. The set is just lovely and does look very custom. It is frankly so refreshing to see a beautiful, quality set that is in someone's budget and not just about size!

As for simply sapphires - you know I tried to buy one of their sapphires and never heard back after e-mailing them. Maybe I'll try again. How true to life would you say the pictures are?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are so impressive and you're the nicest friend for organizing all that! Boy would I love to see hand shots but where they aren't PSers that's probably asking too much!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire Ering and wedding rings. It's so fun to help a friend find the perfect piece of jewelry. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results