shape
carat
color
clarity

Our DIY Invitations Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
We ordered the ''Regency'' invitation from invitesite.com and the box of ''parts'' arrived yesterday. I thought it was going to be a huge chore and a HUGE drag and told FI he had better do his half or ELSE.
11.gif
Especially because we went with HIS choice for the invite, which wasn''t any of my top 3.
39.gif

Sure enough, it seems a lot of work is involved... folding, cutting ribbon, printing and all those addresses to write. But I sat down last night and got to work on it all and it was SO MUCH FUN! A really joyous task. FI was out of town on business, and I happily spent three hours folding, stamping, addressing. Now I don''t WANT FI to help because I''m enjoying myself so much! And it makes it feel so real!

I think the key with DIY is probably to start early and do it in stages. That way if you get sick of it, you can quit for a month or so, then pick it up again.

Now we just have to collect all the rest of the addresses and get the details set in stone before we print the insert! Hooray!

regency invite.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Those are pretty. I''m glad you''re enjoying doing them. If you don''t get them all done before FI gets home, think of all the fun you can have doing them together. Plus, it will give him the feeling that he''s involved too.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Lol, Indy, those will look great! I think they''re fun to do, too...especially when I have other things I should be doing!
31.gif

I ended up doing a DIY kinda thing on my own, and I finally have all of the pieces printed and trimmed out...just have to cut the appropriate length of ribbon for each and then they are ready to assemble. I''m taking them with me to FI''s house tonight, but I don''t know if he''ll do them just right, if you know what I mean! I''m going to offer for him to help, but I plan to monitor him closely if he takes any part of this task on!

Can''t wait to see yours all finished!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh they''re going to be so pretty! That rich brown of the ribbon is so yummy. I''m glad to hear you''re having fun so far, and I think you''re right about the starting early and being able to take a long break thing. Hopefully the rest of us BIWs will take your advice!!
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Indie... the texture reminds me of the texture of your dress...you are a master!! I love them!

DKS

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

That''s kind of how I was with our programs. At first I really wanted DH to help, but then once I got into it I really liked it and when he started doing it he wasn''t folding or hole punching in exactly the right place. Lol. He did help a lot with the hole punching and ribbon tying though :)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous!!!
We used InviteSite (Carmine) and LOVED them-
and are still getting compliments on them.

Have a blast- the invitations were my fave DIY (or partial DIY) project, and all the care we took really paid off.

Yay!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Labbie! The Carmine is puuuurrrtty.

DKS, I didn''t even notice about it matching the dress! Coolio!

And thanks guys for all the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results