shape
carat
color
clarity

Our DIY favours are done. pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I finished putting our favours together. They are Vosges mini-chocolate bars. Some have chilis, others have sea salt, and some have coconut and curry. They are to die for. I packaged them in organza bags from ebay, wrapped with the classic purple ribbon from Vosges. They gave me a tonne of ribbon, so I have lots left over for other decorating projects.

Cost:
$2.30 each
Chocolate, with 10% discount was 2.25
Organza bags, about 5 cents each

Time to complete: about 3 hours for 85 favours.

ps favours1.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Solo shot. Work it, choco-baby!

ps favours2.jpg

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
They look great Independent Gal! Do you mind me asking where you found those organza bags for $0.05???? Did you purchase them online?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great! I've never had Vosges chocolate but it sounds yummy.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi C&S, I got them on ebay. If you want, I can look up the name of the seller. They had lots of great stuff, ribbons, beautiful tiny paper flowers (should have ordered more!), etc.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks good to me!!!!! you have some lucky guests!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Cute...the chocolate flavors sound kind of scary...but, if you say they''re good, I''ll trust you.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Italia, you live in Chicago, right? I know the flavours sound crazy, but YOU MUST TRY THIS CHOCOLATE! It was invented in Chicago and I think they have a couple of shops there. www.vosgeschocolate.com But seriously, You have to try this stuff. Tryyyyy it. Tryyyy it. If you don't love it, I'll eat my hat.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
great job!!! OMG they are soo good, i went to highschool down the street from their store...mmmm so good

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Independent Gal...that would be great!! THANKS!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am going to order some tonight....and if I don''t like them, I''ll expect pictures of you eatting your hate, btw!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
C&S The ebay store is called favorpro. I bought a lot of things from them at once, which saved shipping charges.

Italia It''s a deal.
41.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, the favors look great!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are very pretty I was thinking about doing something like that too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fabulous IndyGal!!! Great job...I really need to try Vosges...I live in the Chicago area and still haven''t gotten round to trying them.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm...yummy. I totally want some Vosges chocolate right now. Your project turned out beautifully!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
your favors are perfect! i just tried the bacon chocolate bar at vosges when i was banished to chicago for a month and as gross as it sounds, it was wonderful. would be perfect for those days i crave salty and sweet together.

your wedding(s) is(are) going to be fab.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
They look wonderful, Indy! Nicely done!

Got any extras???
31.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look great! Really beautiful. I''ll have to try them next time I''m in the US.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 8:55:21 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Italia, you live in Chicago, right? I know the flavours sound crazy, but YOU MUST TRY THIS CHOCOLATE! It was invented in Chicago and I think they have a couple of shops there. www.vosgeschocolate.com But seriously, You have to try this stuff. Tryyyyy it. Tryyyy it. If you don''t love it, I''ll eat my hat.
It''s in the Mall behind Nordstrom.

FI and I found it there last year - and spent a fortune. I love the sweet curry truffles!

We sent FI''s parents there too - and they spent more than we did.

They don''t have it in the UK yet.
15.gif
They are INCREDIBLE chocolates!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Those look great! Someone gave me bacon coated with chocolate a little while back and it looks like the same brand??? It was suprisingly not so bad!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this chocolate looks amazing. I''m almost glad I didn''t find this place in the 2 years I lived in Chicago...othwersie I''d need two trainers to try and lose weight! Yum!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I love them. I''m drooling just thinking about those yummy chocolates!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look fab IG!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals!

Harleigh I think I''ll have 5 or 6 extras. I keep arguing with myself about whether that means I get to eat them. I bettr not! just in case! So I think I''ll have to get them out of the house ASAP! Luckily, I''m visiting my father soon, so I''ll leave them at his place until the wedding.
18.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...good idea!

Though I was thinking maybe you could treat yourself for every 100 arm curls, per arm, of course!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results