shape
carat
color
clarity

Our baby squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
So I won''t hijack the bunnie thread, here is our baby squirrel at work. He''s already way bigger now, this was when he was first walking out on his own. I was so close when I took this pic I could have picked him up, but he was too busy rolling that rock around.

squirrelbaby-mp.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh he is so cute, I love squirrels!!
30.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
How adorable!
35.gif

d2b

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute, we are in ABQ too and have some squirrels in our backyard. They are too funny to watch.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that may be a chipmunk... the markings on the eyes look that way to me anyways!

Either way, super cute!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! How frickin'' adorable is that?! I wish you had video of him playing with that rock! lol

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 4:19:40 PM
Author: fatafelice
OMG! How frickin'' adorable is that?! I wish you had video of him playing with that rock! lol
LOL me too! It was so funny - he kept chewing on it.

I thought it was a chipmunk too, dreamer_dachsie, but his tail is too long and he''s already bigger than a chipmunk now. The ones we have here (and we don''t have much where I am, if at all - only in the mountains) have stripes directly above their eyes running down to the tail.

Skippy, I didn''t know you were in ABQ! Awesome! And I''m jealous, we get one squirrel near my house but she''s afraid because we have cats
7.gif
The bunnies are afraid of us for the same reason, even though my Cleo is way too wimpy to chase them.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I love baby squirrles!! We raised a few when I was younger after the mama got hit by a car. They didn''t do well on cow''s milk, but we used fresh-squeezed goats milk and they loved it! They also loved to climb up on the curtain rods! They actually stay pretty tame (unlike raccoons--another story), but we let them go and they stayed around our house. What a fantastic photo!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWWWWWWW!!! He''s too cute!!! He must have looked hilarious rolling that rock around! LOL!
9.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word, I ADORE that little guy! What a cutest!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooooo he''s so cute! I love critters!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check this guy out, he''s Mexican! (FI - well, at the time - now DH
9.gif
) took this picture while we were in Cabo. Is he not the cutest thing?

018Small.JPG

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT A PRECIOUS BABY!!!
30.gif

Oh, it must be so fun to have that little guy around. The other babies posted in here are adorable as well!

I will try to post a picture of myself with the squirrel that I helped MonkeyPie hijack the other thread talking about. ;-)

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the little guy alone...

Squirrelfriend2.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
And one of my favourite pictures of all time! I wish we still had this little guy, but he is back to the wild now.
7.gif

Squirrelfriend4.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. Wishful, how did you get a squirrel?!! I want one! I love squirrels!

My mom actually does not enjoy squirrels-she thinks they look like rats with fluffy tails. And my dad hates them because they eat all the bird seed no matter what he does to the bird feeders to keep them away! Hilarious!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHH! HAHAHAHA! I didn''t see the one of him in your shirt before! Hilarious!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful, so CUTE!

I like (well, LOVE) all animals, but for some reason I''d be hesitant to get close to a squirrel...I didn''t realize they were so friendly!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
My youngest step sister found it in the middle of the road as a tiny, tiny baby, and even though she suspected it was bad to pick it up because its mother wouldn't want it anymore, she did because she didn't want it to get hit. She came home with it and we were all:
23.gif
30.gif
31.gif

So we called the animal control people to ask if we could keep it, and they gave us a permit and taught us how to feed it, and it lived in a cage in our house for awhile until it got bigger, and then moved outside. Eventually we let him go out in the yard and continued to feed him, but over time he learned to fend for himself and took off to live a squirrelly life in the forest somewhere. Happily ever after and all that.

I truly enjoy squirrels. Like yours, my mom HATES them... she is convinced they eat her birdseed and make [what she calls] annoying noises just to spite her or something.
20.gif
My dad LOVED the squirrel though, and built the cage for him and everything. It was sort of cute to watch them bond. This was a couple years ago, and I kinda miss the little dude.

ETA: I think I'd have been apprehensive of going near him, too, if he'd been any older when he was found. He was so tiny and little that his eyes were closed and he had no fur. Like a little mouse. Since he grew up with us from the VERY beginning he was very tame, but he had some big teeth!
23.gif
Scary!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 11:26:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
OMG Wishful! He''s SOOOOOOOOO CUUUTE!

Hello my name is Verruca Salt, and I want a squirrel.. THAT SQUIRREL!!! lol
11.gif
HAHAHAHAHA!!! You are too cute!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 11:30:56 PM
Date: 7/9/2008 11:27:00 PM

Author: WishfulThinking

Date: 7/9/2008 11:26:04 PM

OMG Wishful! He''s SOOOOOOOOO CUUUTE!

Hello my name is Verruca Salt, and I want a squirrel.. THAT SQUIRREL!!! lol
11.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You are too cute!

snicker.gif
hehe23.gif

That took me a second... I had to look it up. HAH. I am such a dork.

But OMG Wishful...I want a baby squirrel now! The shirt picture is just hilarious.

SanDiegoLady, that little lady in your picture eating from your hand was nursing babies, you can tell. How adorable! She knew where to find the food for her little ones. I have fed some wild squirrels in the past like you did, but mostly in the forest near campgrounds. Once they know you will give them bread and stuff, they won''t leave and it''s impossible to say no when they are reaching up your legs with those big sad eyes...lol I am such a pushover.

claudinam, that is a kind of squirrel I have never seen before
6.gif
What a great picture!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I love all these squirrel pictures...they are so cute!

My grandmother used to have a squirrel that visited her everyday, she fed him peanut butter and crackers...she loved that lieelt guy!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie- I was SO SURPRISED when he climbed in there, and my sister knew exactly when to click the camera!

I think it''s really neat the number of "squirrel stories" we have on PS. Who knew?! We''re a great bunch here.
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 12:19:43 AM
MonkeyPie- I was SO SURPRISED when he climbed in there, and my sister knew exactly when to click the camera!

I think it''s really neat the number of ''squirrel stories'' we have on PS. Who knew?! We''re a great bunch here.
9.gif

I was thinking the same thing! I had no idea squirrels were so popular. When I started messing with the one at work, everyone was like, "Ewww, don''t touch it, you''ll get RABIES!" Well, ok, but I wasn''t putting my fingers in it''s mouth, sheesh. You''d think it was all crazed and foaming at the mouth
20.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 12:32:59 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 7/10/2008 12:19:43 AM

I think it''s really neat the number of ''squirrel stories'' we have on PS. Who knew?! We''re a great bunch here.
9.gif

I was thinking the same thing! I had no idea squirrels were so popular. When I started messing with the one at work, everyone was like, ''Ewww, don''t touch it, you''ll get RABIES!'' Well, ok, but I wasn''t putting my fingers in it''s mouth, sheesh. You''d think it was all crazed and foaming at the mouth
20.gif
Lol... I don''t work for animal control or anything, but aren''t you supposed to be able to tell if it''s got rabies?
33.gif
Yeeeeaaahhhh. Aside from the tame pet one, I''ve fed many a squirrel in my day, and I''ve never been bitten by one. I don''t think that''s something to be too awfully concerned about. Maybe they have a squirrel prejudice or something. Boo.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG these little squirrel pictures are tooooooooooooo adorable
30.gif

Wishful: Love the pictures of you with your little squirrel. It must have been heartbreaking to let him go.

We see them all the time where we go camping. They just sit and look at us. They don''t come to close, as our Lhasa Apso, Mazie barks at them and they scamper off.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 1:48:47 AM
Author: Linda W
OMG these little squirrel pictures are tooooooooooooo adorable
30.gif

Wishful: Love the pictures of you with your little squirrel. It must have been heartbreaking to let him go.

We see them all the time where we go camping. They just sit and look at us. They don''t come to close, as our Lhasa Apso, Mazie barks at them and they scamper off.
Thanks! He was totally precious, and it was really sad. I am glad he adapted to the wild so well, though. We were worried at first that he wouldn''t be able to fend for himself because he was raised by us, but we got to watch him transition, which was a cool experience.

Also, I LOVE Lhasa Apsos! They are soooo cute!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally caught a picture of our squirrel.
face20.gif

IMGsq4071.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results