shape
carat
color
clarity

Other-than-blue fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
I''ve read several places that diamonds can fluoresce in yellow, orange, and other colors, but that it''s very rare. However, I have at least 4 pieces of jewelry with pave or melee or otherwise small stones which show some orange fluorescence in a couple of the diamonds. Does anyone else have a larger stone with non-blue fluorescence? I''m wondering what it looks like on a larger scale.

(Playing with my blacklight from the long-ago college years is fun!
10.gif
)

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Besides with the blacklight, where else would you see fluorescence???? I know you would see in in a night club w/blacklight....

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if orange or yellow fluorescence would make the stone look more yellow and be undesirable in a white diamond?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2005 2:34:15 PM
Author: elepri
I wonder if orange or yellow fluorescence would make the stone look more yellow and be undesirable in a white diamond?
Yeah... only it is not too common. The same is a good thing for yellow diamonds of course
1.gif

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Recently, I came across 2 melee stones that exhibits a pinkish fluorscence when using a u-v light to shine on the stones. I always bring along a small portable u-v light torch so I can shine on the stones before deciding whether I want to purchase them. (Just preferred to have colorless stones w/o any fluorscence unless the stone color happens to be lower like I J etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results