shape
carat
color
clarity

Original setting or copy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
I really love an intricate semi-mount by Tacori that has a lot of delicate filigree and engraving on the band. I was wondering if I should shell out the $2,500-$4,000 for the original or have a copy made. I'm worried that the quality won't be as good as the original. Should I just grin and bear the markup?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
That's a tough one for you!
If I loved a setting, I would buy it. I wouldn't feel comfortable having someone try to duplicate any ring. If for some reason you didn't like the way it turned out, you're pretty much stuck with it, it's a special order item. I would just "price shop" the setting. That's just my opinion. See what others have to say.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know where I can get Tacori at a discount?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
http://www.engagementringcenter.com/tacori-rings.htm

try this

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Here's one more (with prices though)

http://www.billbarnes.com/search.asp?search=5&manufacturer=8

Wow, I see what you mean, very intricate. I like the one with the heart on it. Now I have to say I'd never try to duplicate them!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
There are 2 Tacori's on eBay. 1 is the one I love (with the heart), and it's starting at $2,000. no bids yet, ends soon. Beware though, the seller is new to eBay & has no feedback yet.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Those are nice. The prices include the diamond, it seems. So they are not as expensive as I thought. Wallmart sells engagement rings for $4400! Abd believe-in-me, they are not as nice as that. I am not a big fan of copies for unique designs since I believe that design has value, like art -- it is more than the paper and paint.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Ah, well stated!

2carrots

Rough_Rock
The one with the hearts and three round brilliant stones is the one I love. The price includes the side diamonds only (no center diamond). Thanks for your help. I'll check out the websites right now.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Then if it's the same one, it's $2240 at the BillBarnes site. For the $240. difference, I'd buy from the company before the eBayer w/no feedback.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results