shape
carat
color
clarity

Organizing with Shoe Boxes?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any brilliant ideas or uses for shoe boxes for me? I used to store my shoes in their boxes so that they could be stacked easily in the closet. But the reality is, it wasn't working. So I've transferred a bunch into an under bed shoe storage system. What to do with the shoe boxes? Putting them out for recycling is also an option.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
My mom always used to use them in dresser drawers to hold different kinds of socks, etc.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Or you can use them in the bathroom closet to organize like items together.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I put paid bill receipts, regular receipts, and bank statements in mine, organized by year. ( I usually keep about 2 years worth).

You can also keep appliance manuals in them.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. Amazing how they've piled up! I'm also thinking of saving some of the nicer ones to put together "gift packages" for friends that live far away. I try to pick up odds and ends little gifts throughout the year and it's a way to keep things together for the intended giftee.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Other things I'm using them for in my organizing frenzy.
1. I mean to make a binder with my financial info, for the time being one box is a "finance to be filed" box.
2. Intimates that don't fit while pregnant
3. Stockings, neatly balled up, less hectic than in the drawer since I rarely wear them in the first place

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I keep old photos in shoe boxes. SInce it's rare to even have hard copies of photos these days, not sure how much more I would do this. But it's fun to go through the old boxes of them. And then I'm reminded of the style of shoes I was wearing at the time :lol:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recycle them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results