shape
carat
color
clarity

Organic Milk

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone....

It's been a while since I've posted, but I knew I could count on my PS ladies for help.

I've been giving Alila organic whole milk since she was 12 months. She's 17 months now. There have only been a couple instances where we've had to give her non-orgnanic whole milk when that's all the store had available. One instance was a couple of months ago and Alila started having diaherra. I wondered if the switch to non-organic milk was the cause, but wasn't sure. While my husband and I were on vacation, my mother bought some non-organic milk and once again, Alila has diaherra. Could this really be causing it?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Courtney! Nice to "see" you again.

Don't really have any help, but didn't want you to not have any responses.

I think we've only given O organic milk so far so I don't know how he would react to regular. Take that back, I did give him some regular once but he had no reaction.

But if it seems that Alila reacts everytime, well I guess that's your answer? Is she sensitive to other things? And was it a one time switch, or a switch for a whole day or weekend?

Hopefully others can chime in. Hope you and your gorgeous girl are doing well.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Courtney-I have no real scientific knowledge but my hunch would be no? I also give C organic milk but on several occassions gave her regular. Same with fruit---I mostly give organic, but sometimes it's not available/practical. So while I think organic is better overall in some cases, I do not think it is significant enough to cause a reaction/adverse health. I could be wrong though and am curious!

btw - how's it going with everything?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for replying, girls! I was just complaining on FB that no one responded to my post. lol

Each time, she was on regular for about 1 to 3 days. I put her back on organic yesterday and so far no diaherra. I think that might be the cause, but then we felt a tooth coming in. I've heard teething can cause diaper rash and diaherra, so maybe that's it?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Courtney,
My guess would be no. I doubt she would be that sensitive to the difference and I would chalk it up to a coincidence. But hey, I don't know for sure! Is it possible that the milk was low fat as opposed to whole milk, or some other difference in type? That would make sense to me to cause a problem more than organic/non.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would say no. But is there any chance it was low fat milk? Low fat milk has a higher lactose concentration than whole milk, and the increased lactose could cause the runs.

Hope it clears up, not nice for the little munchkin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results