shape
carat
color
clarity

Organic burial pods turn your body into a tree after you die

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Would you opt to do this if it were possible?

Say goodbye to coffins... organic burial pods will turn your body into a tree after you die.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/say-goodbye-coffins-organic-burial-7944152
A bizarre burial alternative to turn your body into a tree after you die is trying to be got off the ground - or rather under it - in Italy.

This radical different approach to death explores the concepts of life coming full circle and returning human beings to the earth in the same position they entered into the world from in the womb - and life continuing to live on.

The idea is that your dead body is placed in the foetal position in a organic burial capsule that turns your corpse into nutrients for a tree that will grow out of your remains.

You can choose the type of tree you want to grow from your remains and your family can visit for generations to come, perhaps in some kind of sacred forest rather than a graveyard full of stones.

Nature champion and nutrition expert author David Wolfe, president of the Fruit Tree Planting Association, applauds the idea. He is also championing a similar concept, The Bios Urn, another 'coffin alternative' where a tree grows from your ashes in a pot.

"An incredible part of these alternative burial innovations are the changes they make on our Modern Western view of death," he says.

"Imagine being able to take your children to a picnic next to the tree that grew from your great-grandmother.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Organic burial pods turn your body into a tree after you

I've heard of this and although it's a neat idea, my husband essentially kills trees for a living so that would be a bit too ironic for my taste :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

StephanieLynn|1469540109|4059405 said:
I've heard of this and although it's a neat idea, my husband essentially kills trees for a living so that would be a bit too ironic for my taste :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1469586780|4059700 said:
I've seen the pods/tree thing, but I'm more interested in this: http://www.ted.com/talks/jae_rhim_lee

Wow, that's very interesting! :appl: I love the aspect of toxin clean up too. Thank you for sharing! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results