shape
carat
color
clarity

Orange Rose Quartz

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone ever heard of this before? I stumbled upon this gorgeous stone at a high end design shop and was wondering if I could find something similar in the wild (for a lot less money). It's advertised as an orange rose quartz (supposedly untreated), and looks to me like a glowy, sleepy version of a padparadscha. I did a quick search, but all the orange or orangey quartz I found is irradiated or coated. Any ideas where I could look? Thank you!

marie-helene-de-taillac-ring-princess-rose-quartz-gold_700x.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong, but to me it sounds like a name that somebody made up as a selling point. That example that you uploaded is very beautiful though.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Could be, but what else would you call this? It does appear to be a rose quartz with orangey tones. I can't find anything similar that's untreated but I figure if it's just quartz, there must be another example.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nearly 7k USD for a Rose Quartz?! o_O

It may be big, however, I personally would not pay that much for it as I don't like the colour.

I did a quick search on Google and could find similar colours of faceted Rose Quartz, however, they are nowhere near 7k USD!

Each to their own and all that.

DK

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I would never pay $7k for quartz, but I do like the color! Do you mind sharing a few of the examples you found? Like I said, I couldn't find anything else with true orange tones.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious.
gemselect has peach rose quartz?
they claim it’s untreated.
not as pretty as what you pictured (IMO) and I wonder how much the rich yellow looking gold mounting assists.
also wonder if the orangy component is shifty in different light sources?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like this one?

1626902488787.png

DK :))

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like normal rose quartz to me. My example is much more saturated and much more orange.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Citrine is a quartz and it does come in orange.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
True, but imo this stone doesn't really resemble citrine. It looks pink with orange flash. I don't care what you call it, but I'm not having luck searching for pink citrine, either.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone ever heard of this before? I stumbled upon this gorgeous stone at a high end design shop and was wondering if I could find something similar in the wild (for a lot less money). It's advertised as an orange rose quartz (supposedly untreated), and looks to me like a glowy, sleepy version of a padparadscha. I did a quick search, but all the orange or orangey quartz I found is irradiated or coated. Any ideas where I could look? Thank you!

marie-helene-de-taillac-ring-princess-rose-quartz-gold_700x.jpeg

I like its dept of colour and i like that you have seen it in person
i would never trust rose quartz off a photo on the internet

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like normal rose quartz to me. My example is much more saturated and much more orange.

Yes, however, my hunch is that the photo was enhanced/manipulated; however, I could be wrong.

DK :))

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
It was definitely taken under bright flash, at least. Seems as though my question has been answered: this shade of quartz is difficult (if not impossible) to find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results