shape
carat
color
clarity

Oprah's coing to Australia!!!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I think I'd quite like to go... especially if she is giving away stuff.
Might try and sign up for tickets.

Have any of you been to an Oprah show? Was it fun?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
You should do it JUST for the giveaways lol. I imagine they will be big for all of her shows as this is the last season. This first last season show she took the entire audience to Australia "with" her and John Travolta.

I mean.... come on. I'd pay out the butt JUST for things like that.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
You should do it JUST for the giveaways lol. I imagine they will be big for all of her shows as this is the last season. This first last season show she took the entire audience to Australia "with" her and John Travolta.

I mean.... come on. I'd pay out the butt JUST for things like that.

I read in a news article that it is costing 2.8 million for tax payers :o

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
We saw it on the news last night and we were discussing how lovely it was of her to do that for everyone and how much it would be costing her and how I had seen her give everyone in her audience a car! Then we heard that this was the Australian tourism assocciations idea and it is going to cost $1.5 million. I know it sounds like alot but let's face it, they have spent more on other advertising campaigns that have failed to boost tourism to Australia. If there is one person in the world who is going to make this work it is Oprah.

I would love to go! But seeing as she is doing her shows on the steps of the Oprah house every man and their dog will be there and I am in Perth too so that doesn't help ::)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HawOrgTree- Totally off topic- but I am going to Perth in January to visit some friends and dive off of Rottnest! :) I am super excited!!

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
$2.8 million or $1.5 million, either way it is one of the most economical advertising campaigns in history. To buy an endorsement of that calibre and the amount of screen time around the world should cost many times more.

Sitting at home in Australia when I saw the Tourism Australia logo on the news I rolled my eyes and wondered how much they had spent on it. In terms of advertising $2.8 million is small change so it really doesn't bother me at all. Local businesses will be coughing up a lot more money, apparently they have been flooded with offers for free sightseeing, accommodation, etc by tourism operators. I look forward to seeing what they chose to showcase.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl said:
HawOrgTree- Totally off topic- but I am going to Perth in January to visit some friends and dive off of Rottnest! :) I am super excited!!

Oh you will love it Renee! I hope you don't mind hot weather though :)) I am so embarrased to admit this but I have spent my whole entire life in Perth and I have NEVER been to Rottnest!! (shameful i know!!) Maybe i will get there this summer. :sun:

If you get the chance, head to Little Creatures in Fremantle for lunch / drinks. It's an awesome micro brewery whose beer is actually good (won many awards) and it is an awesome place to visit.

Enjoy your visit to Perth! I hope you like it!! :wavey:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
hihowareyou said:
$2.8 million or $1.5 million, either way it is one of the most economical advertising campaigns in history. To buy an endorsement of that calibre and the amount of screen time around the world should cost many times more.

Right - think of the audience world wide that Oprah has. I hope it does translate to more tourism.

Anyway, I've signed up to be notified on when the tickets are going to be available. I'm in Melbourne, but would make a trip to Sydney to go see Oprah!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results