shape
carat
color
clarity

Oprah- Best Life Week

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I really liked Oprah''s frank discussion about her weight gain. It must be hard to be so scrutinized and judged, esp as she stands next to (or sits) and interviews some of the world''s most beautiful people... or at least according to people magazine.

Calling it a love issue, and not a weight issue I think will really come across to America. In these hard times... to invest in yourself.

What do you think, are you watching?
emthup.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see it. I will have to see if I can find it on youtube. I can''t imagine how hard it would be to be a celebrity with weight issues. Gain 2 pounds and suddenly you are pregnant with twins!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
It also shows that with all the money in the world, personal chefs, personal trainers, media pressure - it''s not easy.

This woman I know is obsessed with being thin. Not because she''s too thin, but because it is the hallmark to judge everyone. Forget that Oprah is one of the most influential philanthropists of the 20th century, she''s fat. And I hate the way she says the word ''fat'', too.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I haven''t noticed anything different about the word fat. Is it a particular way SHE says it... or you just dont like that she uses the word, FAT?

The thing I did like was that she is embracing her current, more fluffy self - and at least respecting her body for the fact that her heart still beats- and that she can wake up every morning and live. I don''t always like the power of influence Oprah has on the general viewing public... that what she says... they purchase. However, I do hope that if she can go through and touch people to be true to themselves and tune in to their bodies with a little self love... well then- rock on!
9.gif

And as far as a celebrity gaining two pounds and being preggo... if they weren''t sooo thin that you could see their heart beat in the tummy - I think the speculation wouldn''t be soo intense. I guess I cannot complain too much- otherwise I wouldn''t fuel the market by watching tabloid TMZ and purchasing Star magazine only when the cover is interesting enough.
16.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I mean my ''friend'' says the word ''fat'' like it''s so repulsive.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ha... I have a few of those... "friends"

though she might not like the way I say the word "friend" when I talk about her! hahah!

LOVE IT!
31.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, like a few months ago they were calling Eva Longoria fat...if she is fat, I am a rhino! I would hate to have that kind of pressure on me!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My bf's exwife is super short and super thin and I'm 5'8 with curves like a plate of spaghetti. Every so often I'll hear my bf make a comment and I know its because he's heard her say things like that for so long. We were watching the E True Hollywood story on Heidi Klum. They showed how she was in the VS runway show only 6 or 8 weeks after giving birth. She dropped 40 pounds in 6 or 8 weeks, people!!! Anyway, the program is showing Heidi on the catwalk and bf says, Whoa, she's got some pretty big thighs, doesn't she? I looked at him with a look of disgust and said, You've got to be kidding me?!?!?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I think she is on Larry king tonight to discuss this???

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Heidi Klum has big thighs? WHA_WHAT?

If I had that in my kfc bucket I''d send it back! (not enough meat!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should tune in if I get a chance. I like that doctor she has on from time to time about health and aging.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Dr OZ or the good lookin blonde?
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results