shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been a long time lurker on PS and would appreciate some input on this stone.

Depth - 61.4
table-55
CA-35.5
PA-40.4
HCA-0.7 ex ex ex very good

GIA Cert

amandadiamondpic.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhat suspicious that the images are for a stone with a 40.4 degree PA.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
suspicious? Could you explain?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
There should be more black in both images. Hope the experts can shine more light on this.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
Could it just be the way the pictures were taken?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap. Which is what I am wondering. If the idealscope image is not taken according to standard practice, the image is useless as a tool to judge light return/obstruction.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
gotcha. The vendor is Engagement rings direct. Mark says the stone looks good and is eye clean. Should I ask for another image?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 10:31:36 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
There should be more black in both images. Hope the experts can shine more light on this.
Well there is a bit too much back or side lighting getting into the scope which is making the image look lighter than it should.
But that combination could still get AGS ideal with PGS and would have with AGS gold system.

Can you get an ASET image by any chance?

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
I asked Mark for aset and idealscope, however he only sent idealscope. I wonder if he can''t provide aset since I haven''t seen an ERD post with one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 10:51:08 PM
Author: meestersgirl
I asked Mark for aset and idealscope, however he only sent idealscope. I wonder if he can't provide aset since I haven't seen an ERD post with one.
With this pavilion angle the concern is obstruction, this normally shows itself as dark areas or darker parts of the arrows, sometimes the tips of the arrows look like paddles which the image isn't showing. It is possible that the stone isn't showing obstruction depending on various factors, what I would do is ask Mark if the stone looks dark at close viewing, if so then this is obstruction which is caused by the viewer's head/ body blocking the light to the stone. Mark should be able to advise if this is the case. Ask for a retake of the Idealscope image if possible.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 9:25:02 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 4/12/2010 10:51:08 PM

I asked Mark for aset and idealscope, however he only sent idealscope. I wonder if he can''t provide aset since I haven''t seen an ERD post with one.

With this pavilion angle the concern is obstruction, this normally shows itself as dark areas or darker parts of the arrows, sometimes the tips of the arrows look like paddles which the image isn''t showing. It is possible that the stone isn''t showing obstruction depending on various factors, what I would do is ask Mark if the stone looks dark at close viewing, if so then this is obstruction which is caused by the viewer''s head/ body blocking the light to the stone. Mark should be able to advise if this is the case. Ask for a retake of the Idealscope image if possible.

Thanks! I will ask about obstruction. Mark is going to be tired of all my emails
34.gif

Got_the_Bling

Rough_Rock
Not being an expert by any stretch, I think this diamond looks great. Is there a hint of blue fluorescence in this diamond? I see a little blue on the right hand side of the diamond.

I''ve had a couple posts on the general impression of fluorescence and if it is something that people desire or not.

Best of luck,

Cheers.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
Strong blue actually
36.gif

Mark has assured me that there is no milkyness or haziness.

meestersgirl

Rough_Rock
Just got an email from Mark. Such a quick response time! His Aset machine is out for repair. He sees no obstruction and is not concerned with the PA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2010 10:41:01 AM
Just got an email from Mark. Such a quick response time! His Aset machine is out for repair. He sees no obstruction and is not concerned with the PA.
Ok sounds fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results