shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

entact

Rough_Rock
2 stone comparison. These two really intrigue me as they seem to be cut so differently.

1.01ct H SI-1

Crown Angle 34°

Pav. Angle 41.1°

Table 54.5%

Depth 61.5%

AGS Ideal 0

excellent sym and polish

eye clear

light performance seems exceptional GEMEX and Megascope (OGI)

HCA rates 2.2 vg vg vg vg only

H&A

$5840 http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3682/

1.02ct I SI-1

Crown Angle 35°

Pav. Angle 40.8°

Table 57%

Depth 61.9%

GIA Excellent

excellent sym and polish

eye clear

HCA rates TIC 1.7 e e e vg

not H&A

$4650 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1123720.asp

This second stone seems hard to resist but I''m intrigued by the light performance of the first one. And i''m slways leary of deals that just seem too good to be true!

Thanks again for your time!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Marc & Lisa!

The link you provided for the second diamond doesn''t seem to match what you posted about it ... Link is for 1.05 H/SI1 and the info you provided is for a 1.02 I/SI1 ... Did you include the wrong link by mistake, maybe?

Just going by the numbers and my preference would be the second diamond, however, if they are both basically AGS0 level stones, they should both be beautiful.

Do you have a preference with regards to color? Since they are both about the same carat weight, if you do, you may to go with the H over the I, especially considering that it has received an endorsement from GOG via the "exceptional GEMEX & Megascope" results.

Good luck with your choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price difference is due to one being H and one I, one is AGS0 and the other GIA Very Good, one is H&A and one is not, one has a liberal lifetime trade-in policy and the other does not. That said, if you like I color and know you''ll never trade in, then the I stone would be worth considering.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As pointed out, the JA doesn''t match.

The GOG stone is very nice. Great cut, and should be very bright with nice fire.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the cut of the gog stone.
The hca is off on this one the diaxray shows no ill effects of the 41.1 pavilion which is why the hca downgraded it.
The hca does not take the superier cutting the stone has.

The second looks pretty good, is it eyeclean??
For 1k less id be temted if its eyeclean.
But the lower price may be because it is not eyeclean.

edit: above is going by the linked stone at JA ....

entact

Rough_Rock

I have not seen the stone and would need to purchase it sight unseen. Here is comment about the stone from Dave Taylor at JamesAllen:

The main inclusions in this diamond are what are called twinning wisps. Twinning wisps are clusters of pinpoints that run along the diamond in straight or jagged line. They are completely not visible to the naked eye, which is why this diamond appears clean to the naked eye. Surface graining is simply a wave affect on the polish, also something that is not seen with the naked eye.

Your thoughts?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of them are nice. I would probably take one of the JA stones because they are substantially cheaper and still very nice. JA upgrade policy has changed as well and is now lifetime, but you have to spend 2x as much. Check with JA to make sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results