shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please! (Wedding Band)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock

So I''m having trouble picking a wedding band. Nothing sits flush w/ my e-ring, so originally I was thinking two thin bands on either side... but I''ve tried a variety and nothing looks right. I''ve pretty much decided to just wear my e-ring as a RHR after we get married. These are the wedding bands I''m looking at now. I personally don''t want an eternity band, though I think they''re lovely on everyone else.

1.gif
FI doesn''t like 5/7 stone rings.
8.gif
I don''t know if I should try to coordinate with my e-ring, or just do something different. I really appreciate any opinions or suggestions!!!
9.gif

LC

wbcollage011906.JPG

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
This is my e-ring.
1.gif

facetsassch2.JPG

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Oops that''s kinda tiny!!

facetsassch3.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
All of those rings are gorgeous and so is your engagement ring! I would pick no. 4 because I like the way it seems to compliment your e-ring.

SparkleAngel

Rough_Rock
They are all gorgeous, but I like #4.
36.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #4, but wish you could find a wedding ring to fit with your e-ring....what a gorgeous set that would be......

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Actually my hair lady does something like this....she LOVES antique jewelry so her hubby gave her a solitaire diamond ring in an antique setting for an ering. If you''ve seen antique settings they sit very built up and make it impossible for a flush band. So she got a wide wedding band it has 4 layers of larger than pave and diamond chips but they are very very small diamonds all around, like 4 thin eternity bands all together. I still to this day even with all the large suckers on here have never seen anything sparkle like her wedding band. It''s amazing! Sometimes I see her throw them together, the ering and the band but it doesn''t look quite right but still you get the point that it''s a wedding set. More often than not her ering is on her right hand and her band on the left. I''ve actually started seeing the trend of a lot of women wearing no ering, just a very hefty band.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2006 7:12:22 PM
Author: LizzieC
This is my e-ring.
1.gif
no offense but none of those you chose work: you need a very narrow band that either has the same bead set stones as the halo OR very narrow with squares matching the side stones. these you pictured are all too wide and will visually "kill" your E-ring

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for #1. It has a lot of bling and it''s a good size for a RHR.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
what about an asscher channel band from facets? I'm sure they could put a milgrained edge on any of these if you asked, they did make your ering after all.
Here's one Asscher Eternity Band
Or an Asscher band this that goes half way around

Or you could take windowshopper's (?) suggestion and go with a thin bead set band The pics on the site don't do the ring justice. Demelza recently bought one, check out her thread for better photos of it. Here's Demz thread.

Try some things on and see what works with your e-ring.

Scintillating...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If #4 had asschers instead of princess cuts it would be my pick hands down. I feel that your wedding ring should have or incorporate asschers in some way since your ering has asschers, even though you will wear it on your right hand. My 0.2
2.gif
I love your ering BTW
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2006 11:37:36 PM
Author: kaleigh
If #4 had asschers instead of princess cuts it would be my pick hands down. I feel that your wedding ring should have or incorporate asschers in some way since your ering has asschers, even though you will wear it on your right hand. My 0.2
2.gif
I love your ering BTW
1.gif
I agree. SP has some wedding bands with asschers in them. Check them out (I think someone might have provided a link above, but I''m too tired to check lol).

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input, the links, and the compliments!!!
1.gif

Koko- I agree that getting some kind of custom band w/ asschers or RBs that has a big notch in it so that it fits right up next to the e-ring would look great, but I want a band that I can wear by itself if I ever want to, know what I mean?

Scintilltaing, Kaleigh, & Rascal- I tried on an asscher-like eternity band at Tiffany (salesman just called them square cut diamonds or something like that)... and I think I want more sparkle than the little "asschers" provide. The "asschers" in that band (& in my e-ring) aren''t real asschers because they don''t have the pinwell, and the absence of the pinwheel seems to take away from the sparkle. I love them in the band of my e-ring because they really accent the center stone and the RB halo gives it a lot of extra oomph... but all alone in a band..... mmm... the one I tried on kinda fell flat. And that was in Tiffany lighting!

I definitely see what you''re saying though. Seems like the e-ring & wedding band probably should be "related" in some way.

Hmmm, lots to think about!
19.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of them. I would get SP''s channel set asscher band (I think it is 2-3mm). To my eyes princess stones don''t go with asschers at all. 3 sided rings are not very good to stack. They have to be very well made so the diamonds don''t rub against your e-ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just in Barnes & Noble tonight reading the wedding mags for free
31.gif
while the sweetie had "Boys Night" ... I saw the PERFECT ring for you in the new Town & Country WEDDINGS ... it was an ad that had a really pretty wide band rings that used Asschers and other stones in them. It definately could be worn alone ... and make quite a statement ... and it would relate to your e-ring too. might be too wide but I''m sure once you find the brand name you could check out other rings by them. Wish I''d bought that one so I could just look it up for ya ...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes they should be related through a design element or stone shape BUT also size is important. If a band is too thick OR too thin it can look odd.The ones you showed (i am thinking you are looking for something that stands alone well) are too thick/bulky. If you have as a concern being able to wear the band alone and have it be substantial I would suggest, if possible, two bands. Your ring is quite lovely but it needs to be the star--stylistically. (if your ring were a simple solitaire or any very simple sertting you could do a think three sided band etc). I would suggest two narrow (2mm) bands with bead set stones like your halo. OR 2 with the square cuts. ..... that way they will flank the rink without overpowering it but when worn together without the E-RIng the 2 creates a bigger look than one

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly would have one custom made with the notch to wear with the e-ring and simply get another diamond band that you like to wear alone when you don''t want to wear the other. That solves the whole problem. I would not want to have to wear that beautiful e-ring as a RHR (unless you get an extra e-ring for the left hand!).

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
No pinwheel would make them Square Emerald cuts.

Just keep trying rings out, you'll figure out something that works!
Pics for us are always helpful
9.gif

Scintillating...

Patty

Ideal_Rock
7791.jpg

I know that you think the asschers are too "plain" but I think a narrow band of them would be gorgeous!

I wonder if Facets could make a band to match the width of your 3-ring.

If you went with a notched eternity band, you could wear it with your e-ring and then just turn it so the notch is on the bottom when you wear it by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results