shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please on this emerald ring

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Seller tends to not take the best pictures of their jewelry items. I won this african emerald set in platinum with diamonds for $900. I do like the setting but what does everyone think of the emerald. Too dark? Should I pass? They say it’s natural so that’s a plus BC8CF61A-56AA-4AB1-9F31-7C6379E8EB3B.jpeg 5E4C45D5-622A-4A3E-89B8-0F26A065650D.jpeg C3B814C9-2DAF-4D7A-9817-22F031880BFD.jpeg 04128AD3-4B51-446A-BC0C-739F59BBF6A7.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think you should ask the moderators to move this topic to colored stones forum where it will get more views and replies. I don’t personally like the stone at all as it is WAY too dark, but if it’s genuine platinum and diamonds then it’s a nice setting for the price so perhaps you can swap the stone?

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
How do I ask a moderator? Or should I just make a new thread there?

The color does seem really dark

I think you should ask the moderators to move this topic to colored stones forum where it will get more views and replies. I don’t personally like the stone at all as it is WAY too dark, but if it’s genuine platinum and diamonds then it’s a nice setting for the price so perhaps you can swap the stone?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
How do I ask a moderator? Or should I just make a new thread there?

The color does seem really dark

What you do is click "report concern" on the left, and in the space provided ask that you meant for the thread to appear in the colored stone forum.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
For $900 I think you would mainly be paying for the platinum setting and diamonds (which is not a bad deal). If you like the setting you could get this and see how you like the emerald in real life, then replace the stone if not to your liking. If you're not a big fan of the setting though, then pass. The stone is definitely too dark and doesn't display any of that beautiful emerald glow.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’ll pass as it doesn’t seem to have the glow. In my experience seller tends to take most flattering pics? So are you saying that you have seen it irl and it looks better?

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the price and the appearance of the emerald, I am confident in saying that if the emerald is natural, it is HIGHLY treated, to the point of being nearly worthless. I think you can even see some kind of weird, reflective coating in the second photo. I would definitely pass because you could custom make a similar piece with a nicer looking emerald for less money.

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
I’ve bought a diamond from them- it looked worse in the pics then in real life but I agree with you. I’m asking them if I can cancel- everyone is right that it’s way too dark and not a glowy emerald I want

I’ll pass as it doesn’t seem to have the glow. In my experience seller tends to take most flattering pics? So are you saying that you have seen it irl and it looks better?

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You are only paying for the diamond and the platinum setting. The emerald is dark, has no color and luster. The value is very mininum in my point of view.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I will say though that a setting like that assuming the platinum and diamonds are genuine would probably cost more than $900. But I don’t know if you want to go through the hassle of finding a stone that will fit etc.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Agree with others.

If you are still on the hunt but don't have access to see many emeralds locally, I find this thread to be very helpful and informative.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The emerald is nearly opaque from what I can see. I would pass also. Not against less transparent emeralds if the colour is good but this dark colour is not ideal either.

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
I’ve filed a cancellation with the seller and they seemed ok with it. Definitely will be looking into better quality emeralds in the future.

Thanks for everyones feedback! It was appreciated

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results