carat
color
clarity

Opinions on toi et moi ring...

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over the weekend, I played around with this stack image_3149.jpg
and am seriously considering creating a toi et moi ring. Would love suggestions, input and opinions on this project. For reference, the two diamonds I would use are: a 1.01 OMC cut that looks very white next to my 1.43 OMC o-p (halo).
Here is a more accurate picture that shows the color difference.
image_3150.jpg

Medical

Rough_Rock
I love this idea. I think the white contrast will really bring out the warmth of the larger stone. Do you have any ideas for the setting yet?

Just to get the ball rolling, perhaps something like this, but in WG or Platinum?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1425881173.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medical|1425881231|3844154 said:
I love this idea. I think the white contrast will really bring out the warmth of the larger stone. Do you have any ideas for the setting yet?

Just to get the ball rolling, perhaps something like this, but in WG or Platinum?

Thanks for your reply! I have no idea exactly what I want yet, and am open to ideas. I do know that I want it to feel like a cocktail ring, but for it to look like an antique.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi nala,

I love moi et toi rings, however, most of the ones I see that I find very attractive have similar sized or matched stones in terms of dimensions. I think the color difference will be a nice and lovely contrast, but I'm not so sure about the size difference to put them together. Need some creative folks to come up with some ideas!

Kroshka

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So are you thinking of using the two whiter stones (not the one in the yellow gold halo) or the two larger stones (the white one and the light yellow)? If the former, you could find one more stone to match the smaller stone, then do a N/S vintage style ring. :naughty:

Are you open to maybe using the larger stone and pairing it with a colored gemstone of the same size? I think that would look more balanced than two diamonds of such different size.

Either way, it's a fun project! Glad to see a renewed interest in twinstone/bypass rings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results