shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this WF ACA diamond

catcav

Rough_Rock
Hello. I’m new to this forum and WF. I’d like to know your opinion on this diamond. Could I do better? My budget is 10ish. I want A diamond that really shines w fire, brilliance and scintillation. But also one that is sizable.
I see some Blur in the hearts and arrows and also In the table in the pic of the diamond. Will that effect it’s sparkle? Will I see it as a dead spot w my eye? Should I be concerned w the K color? How can I know to which end of the scale K is it? I don’t want it to be brown. It will be set in yellow gold.
TIA

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All ACAs are selected with very strict standards and all have excellent light return, etc. So there really is no point in trying to over analyze the images. A K is not going to be bright white but it will have the same sparkle as any other color.it’s unlikely to be brown and likely is in the light yellow range. I wouldn’t be so concerned about high or low K because we know it’s outside of the near colorless range. There are people here who have K ACAs and love them. I personally prefer I color or higher because I like a whiter, brighter stone. That’s just personal preference. The good thing about WF is that you can always upgrade color later if you wish! I believe soxfan and themotherthing are two members here who have K rings in case you want to search for their threads. Just understand that pictures rarely show the true color.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! ACAs, like other super ideals, are cut to an exacting standard, so you don’t need to worry about performance. There won’t be any light leakage, and the diamond will reflect back light from end to end and appear lighter because of it.

This comes down to personal preference on what your eye likes.

On color, you can ask WF to do side-by-side photos and videos of this K (which is great value for this size and clarity!) against a DEF, a GHI, and a J to see what speaks to you. J is a sweet spot for many people!

And then you can see if you would rather go closer to the icy white side and compromise on other aspects (size, clarity). Yellow gold is also a great complement to warmer stones.

You can ask them to do the same on size as well between a couple of stones. You may not realize how subtle some of the sizing differences are so may help you decide you do like an icier stone than a K for a smaller size that fits in your budget.

catcav

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies!! I truly appreciate your veteran advice
Here is another I am considering. It’s AGS plot map Is much cleaner and it is only slightly smaller. Is there something I could be missing in other specifics?

catcav

Rough_Rock
If the plot map is cleaner, why is the clarity rating lower?

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
The price difference is due to the clarity grade. Based on the certificates, I would just double-check with your WF rep if those clouds impact the look of the diamond. It shouldn’t impact performance as an ACA, but it may change the look.

What do you think when you do the videos side by side? Any preference?

This is also a great article on clarity and how an SI characteristics may be easier to see unaided. But there are a lot of great SI finds out there, so sometimes it’s more about the stone being cleaner in your head than what you see!

catcav

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask for a side-by-side picture of the 3 stones you are looking at. A 1.4 to a 1.7 size difference will be noticeable but
may be worth it to you depending on your color tolerance.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

catcav

Rough_Rock
Thank you the 1.611 is one have been considering. And looking again I think I do prefer the J.
This new diamond replaces my .83 H VVS.
is there anyway of knowing how long a diamond has been in inventory? I would suspect ones around longer are less desirable?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you the 1.611 is one have been considering. And looking again I think I do prefer the J.
This new diamond replaces my .83 H VVS.
is there anyway of knowing how long a diamond has been in inventory? I would suspect ones around longer are less desirable?
If you currently own a H stone, I wouldn't recommend dropping 3 colors to a K. The difference in color may bother you. Ideally, if you can find a J that is close to an I, you may not notice the difference as much.

You can usually tell how long a stone has been in the inventory by the date on the AGS certificate. But I don't think being in the inventory longer necessarily means that a stone is less desirable. I've seen some beautiful stones that stay in the inventory a long time. Good luck!

catcav

Rough_Rock
Just another note about K color, I was just reading that if set in yellow gold w side stones, it really doesn’t matter. I’m planning to set this in a Yellow gold eternity band to match my wedding eternity band.
would the J 1.611 really make a Brighter look than the K 1.776?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If you are replacing your 0.83ct, any of these will look like a real upgrade (size-wise). For that reason, I would go with a bit smaller J than a bit larger K. They all are going to look significantly bigger than the one you are replacing. Furthermore, youra was an H. That is white compared to a K, especially in a smaller stone. The bigger the stone, the more prominent color will be, thus I would pick a J. Even with a J (since it is a bigger stone) you will see the color.

catcav

Rough_Rock
I’d like your opinions on these two:
When I look at them side by side I can definitely detect the color difference. But when I play the brilliance/ sparkle videos, the K VS1, seems much cleaner than the J VS2.
Is it just my eye? What do you think? TIA

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the J. I think an H to K is a big spread. Did you ask for a side-by-side photo?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a difference between a VS1 and VS2 clarity but remember those pictures are very enlarged. The color difference seems significant to me though. Have you asked WF to look at them both and evaluate their clarity?

tommysmom

Rough_Rock
Hello. I’m new to this forum and WF. I’d like to know your opinion on this diamond. Could I do better? My budget is 10ish. I want A diamond that really shines w fire, brilliance and scintillation. But also one that is sizable.
I see some Blur in the hearts and arrows and also In the table in the pic of the diamond. Will that effect it’s sparkle? Will I see it as a dead spot w my eye? Should I be concerned w the K color? How can I know to which end of the scale K is it? I don’t want it to be brown. It will be set in yellow gold.
TIA

I think it’s beautiful and sure is sparkling to me. I just purchased K and I see no yellow but it is old european cut and I prefer a warm diamond. This price is a good deal. Do you already have setting selected?

catcav

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I chose the 1.611 J VS2 My WF rep Brittany also suggested it. It’s being set (for now ☺️) In a classic 6 prong yellow gold solitaire. This way it will have its chance to really show itself. It’s also the quickest turn around for delivery. Eventually, I think I’ll reset it to match my eternity band. Pictures will be sent on Monday and I’ll receive the ring Wednesday. Here’s what I’m wearing now. .83 H VVS1. It only measures about 5.5.
619C7F2D-3698-4FC8-B7F6-612F094EDC40.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
What an upgrade!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new ACA!
That has to be amongst the prettiest J color diamonds I have ever seen. I just ripped through the WF website to compare color in their brilliance videos, and your new 1.611 seems to have better color than most of their I color grades.

Take notice of the 1.631 I here as comparison. Granted, I am not using the best computer monitor right now for color accuracy or viewing angles.

catcav

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am very excited and blessed. It’s a 20th anniversary & bday celebration.
I think the diamond does compare above most J and as well as some I, so I’m happy

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Happy anniversary, and happy birthday!!!!

Your diamond is so beautiful and a very nice high J! For me, finding a diamond on the high side of color is a special bonus and gift you can always enjoy when you look at your ring!

This will be beautiful in yellow gold. Can’t wait for your photos!

catcav

Rough_Rock
So, here is the best WF Photo. Not the best photo. Kind of underwhelming. So looking forward to the real deal tomorrow.
1626832399010.jpeg

catcav

Rough_Rock
So, here is the best WF Photo. Not the best photo. Kind of underwhelming. So looking forward to the real deal tomorrow.
1626832399010.jpeg

Sorry for the double post. It showed as not sent.

catcav

Rough_Rock
So, here is the best WF Photo. Not the best photo. Kind of underwhelming, I think. Looking forward to the real deal tomorrow.
1626832399010.jpeg
This just shows how under educated I am about diamonds and how they work w light. I just read several articles that basically tell me theBetter the cut the darker it looks in direct light. ☺️

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great, although also enlightening that lay people may see that photo and think the diamond is lackluster. The photo is geared to showing dispersion rather than brightness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results