shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this tux

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I need your honest opinions. I love this brown tux. What do you think? I feel like it''s not as formal as a black tux, yet not as semi-formal as a suit. Which is the look I''d like to achieve. The material is super light which is good for an outdoor wedding in July. The girl''s are wearing turquoise dresses and holding green flowers. I ordered ties already in the same fabric as the dresses, so the guys will have ivory shirts and ivory or brown vests with turquoise ties and green bouts (I think either a green orchid or calla). Our colors if you haven''t already guessed are turquoise, apple green, with hints of ivory and brown. Here''s a pic...

CK_02.jpg

Coreysgirl

Rough_Rock
I really like the tux alot.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I like the tux! Do you think it will work on FI and all the groomsmen? Do they all have the right skin-tones and hair colors to wear brown? If so, then I say go for it.
1.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and I want it too.
9.gif

Where can I get one?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Are you talking about the tux or the guy
emotion-5.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah- Since the wedding is in July I think everyone will be fairly tan. FI, his brother (BM) and one other GM get pretty dark in the summer. Two of the groomsmen are generally not as dark, but I think they will look ok with tans. Here is a pic of FI and I in November so fiance only had a slight tan.

IMG_0244revised.JPG

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
It''s nice, but honestly, it just looks like a plain old brown suit. Maybe if everyone''s wearing them the effect of "tuxes" will still be there.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Lol your FI looks kind of like the model, but anyway. I think it''ll work great.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that tux!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I will take the man AND the tux. Wait..I''m engaged so I shouldn''t be saying that stuff anymore.
2.gif

I like the tux personally because my FI will only be wearing an ivory dress shirt with his tux or suit...no tie or anything. Plus my flowers would go great against the brown. We don''t have any groomsmen.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's just this trend with the long ties with tuxes...it dresses them down and makes them look like business suits. I dunno, I'm obviously in the minority here so you can ignore me!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Courtney- It's by Calvin Klein. We found it at a local mom and pop tux shop in our town.

Miysu- I agree with you in that without a bow-tie they look more like suits. Personally though I'm not a fan of bow-ties and really don't mind if they look like suits. We considered suits at first, but we found at the stores we visited that to buy a brown suit in the right shade (not some tired looking nasty brown), you have to go with a higher end designer. That in turn translates to 400+ a suit. That would be fine if it was just FI, but we don't feel right asking the groomsmen to spend that kind of money on a suit that they may not wear again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love that guy- err I mean the tux... I love the tux...
3.gif

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, it looks like a nice work suit. Nothing about it says special occasion to me. It is a great suit...I just don''t like the idea of brown on a groom or his groomsmen. Even with your beautiful colors...brown makes sense, but it doesn''t feel right to me. If it were me...I''d go with a dark navy blue suit before brown.

But it''s your wedding!!!! Do whatever makes you happy!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 10:38:22 AM
Author:sap483
I ordered ties already in the same fabric as the dresses, so the guys will have ivory shirts and ivory or brown vests with turquoise ties and green bouts
Oh! Good, at first I thought it was gonna be all brown and I was going to suggest adding a little pop of color but I had to finish reading your post first! haha.

Turquoise with brown is an amazing color combination. It will look great! Love it!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really love that tux!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhlala on both the tux and the man in it
2.gif

I think it''s very nice looking and think the brown paired with the shirt and tie combo you mentioned would look divine with your color scheme.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the replies ladies. Here''s a picture that''s close to the look I''m imagining. It''s not the exact same tux, but a very similar one.

ETA: Keepingthefaith, your kitty looks just like mine!

variation_pic_475.jpg

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
very nice. I like it.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks nice too. I am also going the brown tux route. Here is the one i found. Where is the one you posted from? I dont really care for the shiny lapel or whatever it is on the one i found. i guess it depends on if they girls dresses are shiny or now. Mine isnt really and i think it might look a lil too fancy. who knows LOL

mentuxbrownol12.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the brown tux...I actually love it better with a champagne colored vest like the one Gwyn just posted.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
bad idea. this is the same reason guys buy stuff from victorias secreat catalogs expecting their girlfriends to look the same in them...

justwondering

Rough_Rock
Is this a tux your FI would rent or buy? If he''s going to buy it, perhaps he''d prefer a classic one that he can reuse for future events?

I adore the brown tux, but it doesn''t strike me as being a practical purchase. Not that our wedding dresses are...
11.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s look more like a tux with the colored vest and tie. In the model pic with the brown vest and tie, it just looks like a nice suit. I love the brown tux with the champagne vest and tie.

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 12:54:00 PM
Author: misysu2
It''s nice, but honestly, it just looks like a plain old brown suit. Maybe if everyone''s wearing them the effect of ''tuxes'' will still be there.

I have to agree (male opinion here). I guess your man is ok with it, since you''re considering. I see how the tie goes in the last pic, but I don''t find it "special occasion" enough. (I''m pretty traditional.) It makes me think down-scale from my business suit. It makes me think of something a wedding coordinator would wear, or a guest that didn''t get that dressed up. I guess I''ve never liked brown suits, though there was that Ronald Reagan thing. Sorry - just my opinion. Z.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results