shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this radiant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adrock

Rough_Rock
Have been looking at radiants and looked at five today. Two really stuck out for both of us. The one we''re leaning toward is the smaller one because we were both more impressed with how it looked to the naked eye as well as under the loupe.

The specs of that one, from an EGL report (yes, I know GIA would be preferred, but we''ve had a hard time finding radiants to bring in and to the eye this one looks better than all of the GIAs we''ve looked at):

Radiant
weight: 1.01 cts (yes, I know closer to 1ct, 1.5ct, etc. are going to be a premium but we really disliked the .95, 1.22, 1.3, etc. that we''ve seen)
color: E
clarity: VS2
6.69 x 5.26 x 3.51

depth: 66.8%
width: 63%
crown height: 14%
pavilion depth: 49%

girdle: medium to slight thick, polished
polish: very good
symetry: very good
culet: none

graining: nil
fluorescence: none

The price seems reasonable if a bit high at $5,100.00.

Thanks for any feedback.

pumpkn888

Rough_Rock
Have you gone to the website for "The Original Radiant Cut" diamond? http://www.radiantcut.com/
That website lists stores that sell this patented cut of stone. I originally was looking at radiants but changed to round b/c I wanted a larger diamond, but I went there and found a store nearby. They had beautfiul radiant cut stones. If you live in or around Chicago it was Steve Quick jewelers.

Good luck.

adrock

Rough_Rock
I had looked for a store that sells the original patented design before, but there are none anywhere nearby.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can do a price comparison using the Pricescope your Diamond tool above, the prices are for online diamonds so if you take a similar diamond and add on a bit then you should get a feel for brick and mortar prices. Also see if you can get a discount - no harm in asking.

As to the diamond itself, we can't really comment without detailed pics as numbers don't tell you anything, but if you like the diamond, make the sale final on an independant appraisal to make sure it checks out favourably - and get that in writing signed by the seller. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results