shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this radiant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JR3116

Rough_Rock
We''re still looking for Radiants (kind of casually, but if the right one comes along we''ll jump on it.) We''re looking for something eye clean, and she''d like a 2ct square-ish radiant.

It''s from whiteflash:

2.02 ct F SI3 Radiant
Report: EGL
. Shape: Radiant
. Carat: 2.02
. Depth %: 67.7
. Table %: 71
. Girdle: M
. Measurements: 7.48-6.91X4.68
. Polish: Good
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None

That''s all the information they supply online. Is this worth ordering and takig a chance on? Are SI3''s generally eye clean? If it''s not a decent cut (bc I''ve been told that you need to see them to make a judgement) can I just send it back? The price on this stone is incredible which is why I''d like some input.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi JR,

I''m no Radiant expert, but I think I can still comment a bit.

An SI3 will most likely NOT be eyeclean. As this is an EGL, it could be softly graded, and be even lower in color and clarity. Also, you want the table to be smaller than depth, in general.

Honestly, I would pass.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The point of the SI3 grade is for stones where the clarity is good enough that it''d be a shame to call it an I1.

Might as well call WF and ask if they will find out if it''s eye-clean.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 6:15:45 PM
Author: JulieN
The point of the SI3 grade is for stones where the clarity is good enough that it''d be a shame to call it an I1.

Might as well call WF and ask if they will find out if it''s eye-clean.
To EGL... GIA and AGS would call it I1, no?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably.

JR3116

Rough_Rock
Maybe I''ll give them a call. I''m guessing that they''ll tell me the truth. If it''s not eye clean I''ll most likely be sending it back.

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Do you know which EGL lab graded it? Some EGL labs are more respected than others (i.e LA and NY). Just so you know, WF does not include EGL diamonds in their upgrade policy. Perhaps if you buy with WF you should consider AGS and GIA certs...just a suggestion...but at the end of the day, go with your gut.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results