shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this pink sapphire please

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again! So in what seems to be my never ending search for a pear I've come across this 2 carat pink sapphire. I'm wondering what your opinions of it are. It does have a GIA cert. Any ideas of a fair price (if its worth buying at all) ? Thanks all!

pink sapphire.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For starters, do you mind the gaping bay door in the stone?

bluenights

Rough_Rock
size is good, setting is pretty
But stone itself has a window, and color is a little light to me
I would go with a vivid pink, or at least a 5/5 pink
But that's just me.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say what a fair price is without knowing the stats, including treatment level. However if it was me, I wouldn't be able to get over the window.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy I have you all to keep me grounded! :bigsmile: I got SO excited that it was the right-ish size my brain stopped taking any more info - so I couldn't see the window!
GIA says heat treated (TE)
11.5 x 7.15

pink sapphire again.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It also appears a bit cloudy --- or could that just be finger prints? I do like the colour combination with the yellow diamonds - is that your setting that you are just popping stones in to check out?

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
No - it not mine. The entire ring is for sale....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you only need the stone because you already have the WF setting? I'm really concerned about the size of the window because if it is THIS apparent when set in an enclosed double halo, it's going to look worse unset. It also looks a bit hazy or silky, and I can see quite a few feather running across the stone. Not sure if this will bother you. The size of the window is beyond my personal tolerance and will bug me to no end, no matter the price or even if free.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks All!

Chrono - yes its for the WF mounting - I was only wondering about this stone - I'd have had it remounted. Speaking of which - I am awaiting the arrival of the pear garnet from Dana!! I can't wait until it gets here and I can see it in the ring.
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=6111

I've also reached out to Colordao Gem to see if they have any amethyst in the size I need. Also still waiting to hear back from Peter on the rough he has that he thinks might work..... :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting stone and at least this one fits, is transparent and well cut. ;)) I like the pink side, but the other one not so much. Still, it's the nicest one that fits so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll love it when it arrives.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YEs, I am also excited for you to see that stone and hope it fits in your WF setting - that would be VERY striking, if it works out! I think I prefer this new stone from Dana, to the others you've posted. The intensity of the colour is what's selling me on it.

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
That sapphire is too light, and seems a bit hazy.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, good, I was about to suggest that Dana stone again. ;-) Hope it works out! Please let us know! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results