shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this pair of yellow sapphires?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never bought anything from that site. But the photos show lots of blurry areas, on the edges of the stones in one shot. I don’t know if that’s the photo or if the stones just aren’t returning light in those areas. Hopefully someone that’s familiar with the site will post.

“Great price but would these be the ones if you didn’t know the price?” A question I ask myself before buying.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve never bought anything from that site. But the photos show lots of blurry areas, on the edges of the stones in one shot. I don’t know if that’s the photo or if the stones just aren’t returning light in those areas. Hopefully someone that’s familiar with the site will post.

“Great price but would these be the ones if you didn’t know the price?” A question I ask myself before buying.

That's a great way to put it. I need to start shopping that way... Thank you! I looked at solely because of the price. I'll likely pass.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For $99 I think they're fantastic. Good size, good color.

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Not sure how well they would match, one is clearly darker than the other, but the clarity is very good and treatment is only with simple heat. Maybe used as simple stud earrings the colour difference won't be very noticeable since they are not exactly close. If you like them try and buy them, if you are not sure about it make sure they have a good return policy

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how well they would match, one is clearly darker than the other, but the clarity is very good and treatment is only with simple heat. Maybe used as simple stud earrings the colour difference won't be very noticeable since they are not exactly close. If you like them try and buy them, if you are not sure about it make sure they have a good return policy

My though was have them set as studs and have jackets made that I could use with other earrings. Do you think it'd look odd?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My though was have them set as studs and have jackets made that I could use with other earrings. Do you think it'd look odd?

No. Remember that earrings aren’t viewed side by side so some slight color difference is okay. If they were side stones for a ring the color difference would be noticeable.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
No. Remember that earrings aren’t viewed side by side so some slight color difference is okay. If they were side stones for a ring the color difference would be noticeable.

Got it. I'm going to sit on this & figure out if I like it because I like it or if I like it because it seems like a good deal.

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
I think the difference is going to be more noticeable the darker your skin is/gets. Stud earrings are generally more noticeable when people look at you in profile (from the side) so they will likely see one earring at a time and the colour difference won't be very obvious I think.
Also think about them: would you regret it if someone bought them before you have the chance to? Can you see the colour difference? Most of all, would the colour difference be so bothering to you that it would prevent you from enjoying them because you can only think of that?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it. I'm going to sit on this & figure out if I like it because I like it or if I like it because it seems like a good deal.

Yup. I love a good deal. But then sometimes I end up with things I don’t really love. I am trying to avoid at this point in my life.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I think the difference is going to be more noticeable the darker your skin is/gets. Stud earrings are generally more noticeable when people look at you in profile (from the side) so they will likely see one earring at a time and the colour difference won't be very obvious I think.
Also think about them: would you regret it if someone bought them before you have the chance to? Can you see the colour difference? Most of all, would the colour difference be so bothering to you that it would prevent you from enjoying them because you can only think of that?

This might be an issue for me as I get very tan.. I don't tend to regret purchases I don't make so it's hard for me to say that way. I've been searching around for other yellows too. The more I think about it the more I think this is a no for me. Something else will always pop up if anything. I'm a slow shopper...

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
This might be an issue for me as I get very tan.. I don't tend to regret purchases I don't make so it's hard for me to say that way. I've been searching around for other yellows too. The more I think about it the more I think this is a no for me. Something else will always pop up if anything. I'm a slow shopper...
If you are not in love with this pair of sapphire that is totally fine. Being a slow shopper usually means you have clear ideas on what you want/like and a set standard. I think slowness in shopping is at least partly developed along with experience (something that I sadly lack as of right now) so nothing to be ashamed of ;)2
Yellow sapphires are not particularly rare as far as I know so your search may be quicker than you think.
Also you may try contact your local jeweller or jewellers online to help you in the search as they likely have contacts to the source

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results