shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Old European Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would never buy something this important on ebay, but that''s just me. There are hundreds of posts here about not getting what you paid for on ebay. Unless it was something from signedpieces or diamondsbylauren, etc, I wouldn''t do it.

Good deals can be had there...but if insurance is paying I would rather go through a more reputable vendor than ebay.

coccochanel27

Rough_Rock
Thanks yeah I am skeptical about ebay too. OEC''s just seem very hard to come by. I''ve tried the pricescope search and couldn''t find anything in the way of OEC''s. Maybe I''m just putting in the wrong depth and table %s. I don''t know what is "ideal" for OEC''s. Any help with this would be appreciated.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:47:57 PM
Author: coccochanel27
Thanks yeah I am skeptical about ebay too. OEC''s just seem very hard to come by. I''ve tried the pricescope search and couldn''t find anything in the way of OEC''s. Maybe I''m just putting in the wrong depth and table %s. I don''t know what is ''ideal'' for OEC''s. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I think the best option is to call vendors and ask if they can source you one. I doubt they would be listed on their regular websites with any regularity, except a place that specializes in them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:34:53 PM
Author:coccochanel27
I found this on ebay. Opinions appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270106028881&rd=1&rd=1
I don''t think those pictures are enough to go on.

This is smaller and vastly more spendy and I am not recommending it... but you can see the stone itself is VERY beautiful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260087691335&rd=1&rd=1

tons of pics on the site but here''s one

oecpurdy.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:27:06 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 4/4/2007 10:34:53 PM

Author:coccochanel27

I found this on ebay. Opinions appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270106028881&rd=1&rd=1
I don''t think those pictures are enough to go on.

This is smaller and vastly more spendy and I am not recommending it... but you can see the stone itself is VERY beautiful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260087691335&rd=1&rd=1

tons of pics on the site but here''s one
Sigh... I need that stone... it''s SO gorgeous!! Thanks for finding that!

*M*

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:04:59 PM
Author: neatfreak

I think the best option is to call vendors and ask if they can source you one. I doubt they would be listed on their regular websites with any regularity, except a place that specializes in them.
I agree with this. I''m sure a vendor could source an OEC for you...so much safer...

widget

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Cocochanel, I, too, would be skeptical of buying something as important as a new engagement ring off ebay. I know it''s taking a LONG time to find any good OEC''s, but I think looking around will definitely be worth it in the end. I agree that there aren''t enough pictures on the web page. Have you found any local antique jewelry dealers in your area? Many times they have some beautiful antique engagement rings, it just takes some work to find them. If you have a local antique warehouse or auction center, sometimes you can get little brochures that include information about antique dealers and jewelers in the area. That way you could look at the stones yourself. This was the way that I found a antique jeweler in my hometown, where I got my RHR.

*M*

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, have you tried newyorkestatejewelry.com? They only ship within US so I did not get mine there. I found my OEC on Abazias. I tried Whiteflash but could not find one for me.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Simplysplendid...how did you find your OEC. Did you wind up getting it from Abazias? Did you call them up or did you find it on your own?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gothgirl, I went to the pricescope database and saw that many oecs are from Abazias. So I went to the Abazias website to look for the stones. They don''t have the stones in stock but if you are interested, they will can send you info about the stones eg: certificates and they can ask the cutter who is holding the stock for their opinion (re: condition of the stone, the fire, the shape etc). I asked questions on a few stones and finally decided on one, making use of their return policy in case i didn''t like it. As Abazias do not hold the stocks, there is no idealscope pics but David of Abazias was kind enough to get the stone that I was interested in and take pictures of it for me). Fortunately for me, the stone looks great and I love it.

i would also suggest looking at Dave Atlas''s website and look at the OEC specs so that you get a rough idea what to look for in the certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results