shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this new BM dress...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Well, leave it to the impulsive girl who bought a 3rd wedding gown to potentially pick out a new BM gown for her girls...

Okay, here''s what happened: the bridal shop didn''t order the BM dresses yet b/c my MOH hadn''t gotten her measurements sent taken and sent to the shop (she just had a baby in October and I knew she was waiting until the last possible minute to get the most accurate measurements). I didn''t realize the other girls'' dresses woulnd''t be ordered until MOH got her measurements in. So, I went onto the David''s Bridal site to look up the original dress, and I saw this new dress.

Tell me if you think it will be flattering on them:

MOH: 5''6" size 12-14, large chest (breastfeeding too!)
BM: 5''10" size 6, flat chest
BM: 5''1" size 2, large chest

I''m mostly concerned that my MOH won''t feel comfortable in it. She had expressed concern about the original choice (I''ll post its picture on the next frame, which I think some of you had expressed concern about as well!) so maybe this is a better choice? I thought the shirring in the fabric would be forgiving. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

bmdress81047FF_37_BM_06S.jpg

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the original BM dress we picked out.

bmdress48394549387.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
As someone with a big chest, I can tell you that this is a MUCH better choice! While your first choice is lovely, the thin straps paired with a high waist spell disaster for me in most cases. Now, I''m a size 4 so I can''t say for certain, but my guess is your MOH will be much more comfortable with the extra support. My only concern is the shirring may be tight around her middle, accentuating it. Then again, depending on where it hits on her body, it may give her the appearance of a tiny waist!

On a side note, I have to say that you have FABULOUS taste!
36.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s much less sensitive to the stomach.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MUCH MUCH better choice--your first was pretty, but as a semi-curvy vaguely flat short girl, I know something like this would work for me and I know it''d work for my bigger-boobed friends.....the shirring and thicker straps will give the illusion of boobage for your flat BM and will offer some camo/room for a real bra for the others. Plus the gathering on the stomach is going to be more forgiving than a bias-cut type of silky. Less need to suck it in during the ceremony!!

Anyway, I love it.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Following up on the other comments re: her post-baby tummy, I''d have her take a look at the fabric (is there any give?) and perhaps order a larger size and then have it altered as close to the wedding as possible. (I was a BM in a wedding w/ a LAAAARGE-boobed pregnant BM and she ordered the dress 2 sizes larger than her usual and had it altered as late as possible w/ a tailor she KNEW would still have it done on time. Anyhoo;-)

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
This is the necklace and earrings I bought for my BMs and MOH as gifts. We were in China over the xmas/new years holiday and I got 3 sets of these for them for gifts (they are black freshwater pearls with white gold and cz''s). I intended for them to be worn with the original dress but I think they''d look good with the new dress too. (Sorry about the crop job on the picture)

P1010113.JPG

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Why thank you Researcher! Now if only I could learn how to cut these pictures down to size better...

Thanks for your thoughts so far...I agree that the thicker straps will be better for bras for everyone, the shirring on the chest will add for the flat girl, and the shirring on the waist could be flattering for everyone too. Is it too low cut for the big-boobed girls? I guess we won''t know until we go try it on.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The new dress is very pretty. Much better choice. The original dress is kind of shapeless and can make someone look much bigger than they are. The new one is more structured and the shirring is very flattering on everyone.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely not cut too low. With those dresses, it only requires a couple of stitches to hide the cleavage (believe me, I''ve had to do this a lot).

As for the jewelry, I think it''s perfect!
30.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I like the new one better!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m about the same height the size as your BM#3 and I can tell you that dresses #1 will not work at all for a girl my height. The shoulder part will not stay on and will be too wide for her frame. Since your BMs are all of different body types, my suggestion is that you pick a color/fabric and pick a different style dress for each BM. Just keep the lengths the same.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone else. The new dress is much better and will be a more versatile and flattering fit for your versatile girls. I think the jewelry you have purchased for them will look great with the new choice.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to add, that as a person who is 5''7" and used to be a size 12-14, I would have felt much much more comfortable in the new dress. I would have been self-conscious in that first one. Plus, I think the top will give better support for the larger chested girls and create the illusion of more for the smaller chested girl.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 1:32:09 AM
Author: qtiekiki
The new dress is very pretty. Much better choice. The original dress is kind of shapeless and can make someone look much bigger than they are. The new one is more structured and the shirring is very flattering on everyone.
YES!!!

I think I commented in your past thread. I wore the original dress you posted in a wedding two years ago, and it was awful! I have a bigger chest (ahem, 44DDD
1.gif
), and they suggested I order a size up for my boobs. Well the dress ended up sorta fitting my boobs, but being way too big everywhere else. I truly look preggo in photos because there is no shape. I'm bigger than your MOH (size 18), and I can tell you the new dress would be much more flattering. Sure the thicker straps are helpful, but the structure and shaping are the best things. Putting larger girls in shapeless dresses only makes people look bigger, as qtiekiki said.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the v-neck one. It is so elegant. I agree that it is a better choice. She won''t have to struggle with a strapless.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like the new dress much better! It seems more flattering to all kinds of body types.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Great feedback!
35.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Well, squash this thread. MOH (5''6" sz. 12, large/breastfeeding chest) just emailed me saying she liked the first one much better.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the new dress choice, esp. for your MOH...better for the boobs and stomach and everything! I also LOVE the jewelry you bought for them...it''s beautiful!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Has she tried on the other one? I tried that one on at David''s the other day looking for a dress for my girls and it was really flattering. I''m short and curvy - about a size 6-8 in street clothes and 34DD (woohoo Virginia - I''ve never actually encountered someone else with that size!!) and 5''2"

I''d see if she''s at least willing to go try it on because I really think it could be way more flattering.

Just my thoughts...

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 2:50:21 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Has she tried on the other one? I tried that one on at David''s the other day looking for a dress for my girls and it was really flattering. I''m short and curvy - about a size 6-8 in street clothes and 34DD (woohoo Virginia - I''ve never actually encountered someone else with that size!!) and 5''2''

I''d see if she''s at least willing to go try it on because I really think it could be way more flattering.

Just my thoughts...
Where she lives there is not a Davids Bridal so on Feb. 2nd she was planning to drive to the nearest one and try on the other dress. I will definitely encourage her to try on both. One of the BM''s thinks the new dress will make everyone look chunky but I think curvy would be a better word.

When my 5''1" size 1, large chested BM tried on the original dress, it was really cute on her. Is that the one you tried on AG?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 2:47:18 AM
Author: CareBear
I''m about the same height the size as your BM#3 and I can tell you that dresses #1 will not work at all for a girl my height. The shoulder part will not stay on and will be too wide for her frame. Since your BMs are all of different body types, my suggestion is that you pick a color/fabric and pick a different style dress for each BM. Just keep the lengths the same.
We actually tried to do that with one color/one fabric/one lenth but different styles...it was going to turn into such a production. Even with the mix and match items that are offered by the big stores like Davids and Alfred Angelo, it was still really hard to get a cohesive look. And now two of the girls have already paid at Davids so we''re really locked into them...otherwise I''d ask if you had good luck doing this with another vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results