shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this idealscope (major time issue)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

safetybar

Rough_Rock

Hello-

First off I want to thank everyone for all the great information that has been posted on this site, it has been an invaluable asset to me in my search for an engagement ring.

I thought, until a few minutes ago, that I had found a great stone. It was recommended to me by a respected online jeweler. I viewed all the reports and pictures, and it was seen as a great stone by myself and the dealer (as well as another one that had taken a look as well). I ended up, however, purchasing (after it had been sent back to the wholesaler) it from another online dealer. They received the stone today and took some pictures and ran the idealscope. I was informed that I could certianly purchase the diamond if I wanted, but they didnt recommend it. Apparently it looses a lot of light.

It is a square radiant cut (which I have had a hard time finding), 1.15c, D in color VS2. It''s a little deep at 72%, but with a table of 68%. Very good symmetry and excellent polish.

Im trying to coordinate this purchase with a trip we are taking at the end of the month. I have thus far had it all planned out and now im afraid that it isnt going to work. I''ve attached the idealscope image. Any ideas? I''d, of course, want it to be sparkly...but not so it would burn a hole in her retina...but I dont want it to look all swampy either. HELP!?

ideal22.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well...it certainly doesn''t have the best idealscope image because it does look very leaky....BUT if you have actually seen it and loved it, what is there to say? were you able to compare it to other radiants?
all that matters is that YOU like it.

safetybar

Rough_Rock
Thanke Belle, I have actually not seen it in person. I have a very hard time discerning levels of sparkle. I found it a lot easier to shop by numbers, measurements, and sizes.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 2:46:21 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
Thanke Belle, I have actually not seen it in person. I have a very hard time discerning levels of sparkle. I found it a lot easier to shop by numbers, measurements, and sizes.
i misread your first post. i thought you had seen the diamond.
i guess in a sense, it is easier to shop by the numbers, because you could find a diamond that is good on paper and heck, let''s face it, most diamonds are pretty so you wind up with something nice all around.
31.gif

hopefully the vendor you are purchasing from has a great return policy. you''ll have nothing to lose by checking it out.
2.gif

best of luck!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 2:38:30 PM
Author:Anonymous Wrote:

It is a square radiant cut (which I have had a hard time finding), 1.15c, D in color VS2. It's a little deep at 72%, but with a table of 68%. Very good symmetry and excellent polish.
This looks very much like a 1.15 D VS2 we brought in for inspection at a client's request. If so, it does not meet our standards of performance and we have recommended against it. There will be no charge for bringing it in and we will gladly work to locate a better candidate. I believe this was communicated to the client already but want to be sure to clarify this in case our wires got crossed somehow.

Occasionally a diamond from an outside supplier does not live up to expectations. In such a case we prefer to reject the stone and continue searching for a better candidate on the customer's behalf. We don't want to sell a diamond that we would not be delighted with ourselves.

If by some chance this is not the diamond in question, please accept my apology for the intrusion and disregard.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The large black (head osstruction) area on a radiant IS isn't something I see very often and the stone looks a tad more leaky than some IS images I've seen, even though radiants are leaky in general. Also, not loving the large table and depth.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
The IS looked like a WF "glamour shot" so I was guessing WF anyway, John.
9.gif

If WF is recommending against the stone, I''d lean toward going with their advice.

There have been several posts I''ve read here where people called about 1 diamond and WF recommended another. The folks at WF seem to have keen eyes about diamonds.
2.gif

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Go with the expert advice.... it''s already a question in your head and it would probably bug you if you did purchase it. Sorry it didn''t work out the way you had hoped!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 3:37:27 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland

There have been several posts I''ve read here where people called about 1 diamond and WF recommended another. The folks at WF seem to have keen eyes about diamonds.
2.gif
Carrot Eyes.

The questions that follow go less towards...who was the original reputable dealer, and more toward...why/how is this writer anonymous, and under what circumstances does he first go to dealer #1, and then turn around and work with dealer #2.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

CarrotEyes.jpg

safetybar

Rough_Rock
Well, it''s nice to see you''re on top of things at Whiteflash :) I certainly appreciate that you would not want to sell anything but "great" diamonds. I just wanted a few other opinions, im sure you understand.

As for not working with the original dealer. There was a pretty sizable price difference between the two and apparently no room for negotiation. Simple as that.

I appreciate all the input!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results