shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this F-SI1 diamond for an engagement ring.

MK90

Rough_Rock
I'm currently shopping for an engagement ring and looked at a bunch of diamonds in person. The one I liked most and am leaning towards purchasing is linked below. I am not purchasing through that website and what I would be paying for it is significantly less than their price but just want to make sure I am buying a good stone. I plugged it into the HCA tool and it came back at a 3.7 which is making me a little nervous. It is an SI1 but looks pretty clean to me and a lot cleaner than some of the others I've looked at. Thanks guys.

https://www.allurez.com/index.php?f...stonealgo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=product

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a great choice. Nice size and color, but the table is a little large and the pavilion angle is a LOT too deep.

And just to be clear, there is no such thing as a 34% discount. What price are you able to get it for? If it's a truly GREAT price, a recut might be worth considering.

MK90

Rough_Rock
Not a great choice. Nice size and color, but the table is a little large and the pavilion angle is a LOT too deep.

And just to be clear, there is no such thing as a 34% discount. What price are you able to get it for? If it's a truly GREAT price, a recut might be worth considering.

Itd be a little over 14k

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would reject a stone with a 3.7 HCA. I think you can find a much higher quality stone for your money. 14K is a healthy budget, so I don't think you should sacrifice quality in this case.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would reject a stone with a 3.7 HCA. I think you can find a much higher quality stone for your money. 14K is a healthy budget, so I don't think you should sacrifice quality in this case.

Agreed. Not a good enough deal to mitigate those shortcomings.

MK90

Rough_Rock

So with the deep pavilion angle the concern would be light leaking out of the sides correct? I was hoping the shallower crown angle would help make up for that. I'm very new to all of this. Kind of disappointing. I was very happy with how it looked in person and the color/size and how clean it looked considering it's an SI1.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HCA tool giving a score under 2 shows the crown and pavilion angles work well together. An ASETscope image of the stone mentioned would like show it to be leaky.

Did you see it only in the shop or in flat/natural light? The shop lighting will be deliberately designed to make even poorly-cut diamonds look great.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Perhaps if you gave us your budget and told us what you want, the experts can come up with some suggestions from the PS vendors, you can then rest assured you are not getting taken.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results