shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Emerald Cut *Photos*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone
1.gif

This is my first post here, I''m currently living in Australia, planning on going back home to Canada sometime early next year, and I''m beginning my search for a beautiful emerald cut diamond for my intended, and I''d like some opinions please on this particular stone, how does it look, price vs quality/size? I''m very new at this, so I''ve been reading the forum for a while and trying to find a diamond that looks great, is close to 1 carat and fits my budget of under $4500 USD for the diamond. All opinions are welcome, thanks for the help!

First, the setting I will hopefully be getting, still waiting on a reply from the company: { - Link - }

Since the setting is being made in the USA I am imagining that it makes sense to purchase the diamond there to take advantage of the free shipping to the jeweller to have it set. Once it''s all finished, I can have it shipped to me in Canada!

Specs From GIA report:

Emerald Cut
Measurements: 6.87 x 4.99 x 3.43 mm
Carat Weight: 1.11 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1
Proportions:
Depth: 68.7%
Table: 58%
Girdle: Thick to Very Thick
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown.
Price Quoted: $4,165 USD

I don''t have crown height or ASET images yet, but if it looks great, I can get them.

Thanks!
Ray

Here are the two photos I have, hopefully I can attach them...

1HVS2photo1.jpg

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Photo 2:

1HVS2photo2.jpg

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a couple others I''ve seen while searching, unfortunately no full GIA report or photos yet, just the intial specs, is it worth spending the money to bring any of these in for a further look?

Diamond #1:
. Report: GIA
. Shape: Emerald
. Carat: 1.01
. Depth %: 63.1
. Table %: 62
. Girdle: M-STK
. Measurements: 6.96-4.88X3.08
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None
. Price $4175 USD

Diamond #2:
. Carat: 1.03
. Depth %: 65.7
. Table %: 62
. Girdle: M-TK
. Measurements: 6.81-4.84X3.18
. Polish: Excellent
. Culet:
. Fluorescence: Medium or Moderate
. Price $4171 USD

Diamond #3:
. Carat: 1.05
. Depth %: 62.6
. Table %: 64
. Girdle: M-STK
. Measurements: 7.24-5.03X3.15
. Polish: Very Good
. Price $3466 USD

Diamond #4:
. Carat: 1.01
. Depth %: 66.6
. Table %: 61
. Girdle: M-TK
. Measurements: 7.09-4.82X3.20
. Polish: Very Good
. Price $4030 USD

Hoping some kind soul out there can help me!
33.gif

Thanks!
Ray

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Sorry forgot to post the clarity and color for the 4 stones...

Diamond 1: G VS2
Diamond 2: D VS1
Diamond 3: H VS2
Diamond 4: G VVS1

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a nice EC, if you could get an ASET image for it and also a Sarin report that would be very helpful.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your reply!

I''m hoping to get a "top 3" pick out of those stones from my vendor and hopefully from this forum and I''ll have them called in for pics, ASET and hopefully Sarin for crown heights. Unfortunately they only had a photo of that one diamond, and no ASET or further info without calling it in. I sent them a photo of my taste in emerald cut diamonds, and that 1.11 carat diamond was the first photos they sent back to me
21.gif

I like the overall look of it, but I was a bit concerned that the very thick girdle and deep cut were costing me money... I''ve been reading up on emerald cut stones, so I''ve got an idea of what the numbers ideally would be in a perfect world (and also have read that often great diamonds don''t meet the ideal numbers), but I''m terrible at photos, so I need as much help as I can get in that department!
4.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen others in the same photo set up so it is hard to compare that is why ASET and IS are nice.
There are a couple things I am noticing that could be the photo setup or could be the stone.
Impossible to tell.

hmmmm top 3 is hard because they all have potential.

The one you have initial pics for is worth getting more pictures and CH

#3 has a nice price and the table is still in the good range consider that one for pics.

#2 if you like D color it isn''t that high a premium for the color.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Strmrdr, I''ve seen a lot of your posts on emerald cuts and I was hoping you''d pop in and comment even though you must be hugely busy with your new Asscher project
22.gif
9.gif

I''ll contact my vendor and have 3-4 stones called in for further analysis and I''ll be back with a new post full of more in-depth info for your kind perusal
34.gif

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results