shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

md2002

Rough_Rock
Hello All -

I am newly engaged and bought the diamond already, she said yes!! The issue is except for the 4 C''s I don''t know much about diamonds. I finally got the GIA certificate and was hoping people with more knowledge than me could tell me the total quality of the diamond beyond the 4 C''s. Here is what the GIA cert says.

Round Brilliant
6.09-6.16x3.85 mm
Carat Weight: 0.91 carast
Colr: H
Clarity:SI1
Cut: Very Good
Total Depth: 62.9%
Table Size: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Crown Height:15.5 %
Pavilion Angle:40.8
Pavilion Depth:43.0%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: SKT to THK
Faceted(4.5%)
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None
Comments: None

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I paid about $5200.00 for this diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers looks promising except for the Thick in the girdle variation, that is hidden weight meaning your stone face up slightly smaller than what it should be. A 0.91c should be about 6.25mm.

Also price is quite high for that stone, if that price is only for the stone. On line, a similar stone on JA is about 3.4k

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2009 8:48:54 AM
Author:md2002
Hello All -

I am newly engaged and bought the diamond already, she said yes!! The issue is except for the 4 C's I don't know much about diamonds. I finally got the GIA certificate and was hoping people with more knowledge than me could tell me the total quality of the diamond beyond the 4 C's. Here is what the GIA cert says.

Round Brilliant
6.09-6.16x3.85 mm
Carat Weight: 0.91 carast
Colr: H
Clarity:SI1
Cut: Very Good
Total Depth: 62.9%
Table Size: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Crown Height:15.5 %
Pavilion Angle:40.8
Pavilion Depth:43.0%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: SKT to THK
Faceted(4.5%)
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None
Comments: None

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I paid about $5200.00 for this diamond.
Hi MD

Looks like you did quite well, the diamond is too deep for my taste and can look small for the weight mainly because of that one factor which immediately jumps out when looking at the diamond details, and the thick variation in the girdle won't help ( although this might have negligible impact according to how much of the girdle is in fact thick), but other than that the proportions look fine. This stone is not cut to top standards but it what we call a ' nice make' cutwise, so although it may look a bit small for the weight it should be a pretty diamond.

I take it you purchased from a store jeweller? Prices from b&m stores are typically more expensive than online.

Congratulations on your engagement too!

md2002

Rough_Rock
Sorry, thats for the ring and diamond.. The diamond was about $3200

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a good price then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results