shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond/ my options in general?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Found this diamond while looking at a fave PS vendor. It’s listed for $8422.38 and I figured the price sounds good so I need to ask. It’s eye clean. And I don’t mind low color diamonds cause I’m not color sensitive. But it’s is not an in-house diamond so it doesn’t quality for an upgrade policy.

The closest ACA I can get is significantly smaller (1.6 ct IIRC) but then I could upgrade willy nilly! Although TBF I’d prob stop at 2.5 cts if I went with an ACA based on my previous experience.

Thoughts?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am always REALLY wary of "clarity grade based on clouds not shown" in SI1/SI2 and below. I would also want to see images and preferable ASET because of the steep crown. Also it's a tiny bit deeper than would be preferred by most people, but not a deal breaker IMHO.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I am always REALLY wary of "clarity grade based on clouds not shown" in SI1/SI2 and below. I would also want to see images and preferable ASET because of the steep crown. Also it's a tiny bit deeper than would be preferred by most people, but not a deal breaker IMHO.

This is the actual link with a video. My eyes aren’t sharp enough to be confident in this. Thoughts?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the actual link with a video. My eyes aren’t sharp enough to be confident in this. Thoughts?

I'm a sucker for big fat arrows haha, so I like this look. I also love warm diamonds. Does VC have this stone IRL, or is it one he would order? I trust him completely, so if he does have it on hand I'd ask to make sure the "clouds not shown" don't cause a hazy appearance or any other issues. But in general I think this looks much better than the cert would suggest (at least to me, since there are "red flags" on paper but the video looks lovely).

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I'm a sucker for big fat arrows haha, so I like this look. I also love warm diamonds. Does VC have this stone IRL, or is it one he would order? I trust him completely, so if he does have it on hand I'd ask to make sure the "clouds not shown" don't cause a hazy appearance or any other issues. But in general I think this looks much better than the cert would suggest (at least to me, since there are "red flags" on paper but the video looks lovely).

I don’t actually know. It says in stock so I assumed so but I’m not actually sure. I selected to pay by wire so I’m guessing someone will be contacting me soon and I can ask at that point. Or they’ll send me a cancellation email and say the price is a mistake.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t actually know. It says in stock so I assumed so but I’m not actually sure. I selected to pay by wire so I’m guessing someone will be contacting me soon and I can ask at that point. Or they’ll send me a cancellation email and say the price is a mistake.
haha yeah, makes sense! Well yes, definitely ask them and see what they say.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I like the ACA route as well! I think the option is so comforting in case your tastes/preferences change over time. Endless options, but of course you have to build up to that amazing size. I understand the struggle!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is ACA and upgrades willy nilly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results