shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this aquamarine, please?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone! I don't know much about aquamarines, but I've been wanting one for a RHR. I'm hoping to rely on your knowledge once again! LOL! What do you think of this one? It's about the size I'm looking for, it's listed with a trusted eBay seller, and it was cut by Dan Stair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201358088258

Thanks in advance for your input! :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irishgrrrl|1480268718|4102914 said:
Hi, everyone! I don't know much about aquamarines, but I've been wanting one for a RHR. I'm hoping to rely on your knowledge once again! LOL! What do you think of this one? It's about the size I'm looking for, it's listed with a trusted eBay seller, and it was cut by Dan Stair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201358088258

Thanks in advance for your input! :wavey:

I really like this stone! That eBay seller is a good one, and Dan always cuts incredible stones. If you like it I would make sure there's a return policy and then go for it! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone ticks all the boxes for me, however I am not an expert.

Some may consider the colour to be on the pale side, however I like my Aquas pale.

DK :))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, lovedogs and dk168! I'm firmly in the pale aqua camp, as well. Love those light blues!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If paler stones appeal to you, then check out Jeff Davies' eBay shop as he has some nice ones listed.

DK :))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168, thank you! I did find a very nice cushion aqua in his eBay shop that I'm keeping an eye on!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau is a great seller and very nice guy. I would ask him if the stone is lighter in hand, as the photos look like they may be on the dark side and darken the stone/make it look a bit more saturated than it might in real life. He will let you know if that is the case, or whether the photos are representative for color. :))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux, thank you! He does have a very similar aqua listed and I'm 99% sure that one was also cut by Dan and from the same rough. The pics of that one are somewhat more clear, and it's absolutely gorgeous (although a bit smaller than the one I'm considering).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results