shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 1.25 carat VS1cushion cut diamond?

mjm1313

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, first time poster (lurker for the past couple months)

I was curious to get your opinion on this diamond I've been eyeing. I know that most if not all VS1's are considered eye clean, but I was wondering if the cloud being close to the center of the diamond might affect it's performance / potentially cause a hazy appearance? (I apologize if this is a stupid question!)

Below is one website it is listed on with 360 degree video, I've also attached the GIA report.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Attachments

• 17956963 (1).pdf
    923 KB · Views: 30

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the forum :))

I believe most listed inclusions within VS1 stones will basically be impossible to see with the naked eye, so a cloud under the table should not have any negative effect.

That said, it is possible for a stone to be 'sleepy' but also be Internally Flawless, due to the way that GIA/AGS do/do not grade transparency, but I understand such stones to be pretty uncommon.

Either way, buying from a Pricescope-recommended vendor like B2C will mean you have a Returns period to evaluate it and make sure it is 'the one'! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to be concerned about with clarity in that stone. Can they do an ASET image to show the light return? The facet pattern is very pretty. I think it has a lot of potential!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, request an aset image and post for evaluation.

mjm1313

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Thank you very much for your help thus far. I was finally able to have ASET images done (sadly delayed 3 months by COVID :( better late than never!) I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks again! Hope you all are staying safe and well! 43DABF19-443A-432C-BC1B-822A0B7BA284.jpeg 7680ACF4-17C7-4190-9B6E-26CFF6E3456E.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Thank you very much for your help thus far. I was finally able to have ASET images done (sadly delayed 3 months by COVID :( better late than never!) I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks again! Hope you all are staying safe and well! 43DABF19-443A-432C-BC1B-822A0B7BA284.jpeg 7680ACF4-17C7-4190-9B6E-26CFF6E3456E.jpeg

It's not bad in my non-expert opinion - potentially some leakage round the edges of the area underneath the table, but it might go away when tilted.

mjm1313

Rough_Rock
It's not bad in my non-expert opinion - potentially some leakage round the edges of the area underneath the table, but it might go away when tilted.

Thank you for your reply! On another forum someone mentioned in the ASET image especially the diamond is quite tilted from L/R and/or the diamond may have been too far from the scope funnel. He mentioned the potential light leakage as well but also that the ASET image tells little about the potential fire that the diamond possesses. Argh, not sure what to think!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply! On another forum someone mentioned in the ASET image especially the diamond is quite tilted from L/R and/or the diamond may have been too far from the scope funnel. He mentioned the potential light leakage as well but also that the ASET image tells little about the potential fire that the diamond possesses. Argh, not sure what to think!
So I've not been keeping up with my notifications...

How did it go with this stone? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results