shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SirTitan

Rough_Rock
Can you be more explicit by the term potential? I tried to examine the cut characteristics to the best of my ability. At what percentile would you rank these stones relative to a population of similar stones?

SirTitan

Rough_Rock
I do not trust SI stones. I''ve heard horror stories of people making purchases over the net and being assured the SI was eye clean. Additionally I have read that there was a huge study conducted where 37% of diamonds in a sample were appraised independently and their color and clarity deviated by one grade from the GIA/AGS report.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 11:15:22 AM
Author: SirTitan
I do not trust SI stones. I''ve heard horror stories of people making purchases over the net and being assured the SI was eye clean. Additionally I have read that there was a huge study conducted where 37% of diamonds in a sample were appraised independently and their color and clarity deviated by one grade from the GIA/AGS report.
Even with VS2, some are just not eye-clean. Go with a trusted vendor with a good return policy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2010 11:07:00 AM
Can you be more explicit by the term potential? I tried to examine the cut characteristics to the best of my ability. At what percentile would you rank these stones relative to a population of similar stones?
I use the term potential to mean just that, but whether either are the right choice for you we don't know. These diamonds are of top cut quality and are included in a very small percentage of some of the best cut diamonds in the world.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2010 11:15:22 AM
Then stick with VS or higher if that is what you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results