shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these lab diamonds?

Terriyaki

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi all! First time posting on PS. I've been looking for a oval or round lab grown for a rose gold solitaire with maybe a hidden halo. Haven't decided if I'm 100% into the hidden halo yet. What are your thoughts on these from BE? Would love your opinions. Do you think the Round (G/VS2) would reflect too much color? I am planning on using platinum for the prongs. Thank you!

Ovals

Round

foodie100

Rough_Rock
With a rose gold, you can get away with a lower color for sure. I wouldn't let that sway you. They are all lovely, but I'm partial to the round!

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
Hi all! First time posting on PS. I've been looking for a oval or round lab grown for a rose gold solitaire with maybe a hidden halo. Haven't decided if I'm 100% into the hidden halo yet. What are your thoughts on these from BE? Would love your opinions. Do you think the Round (G/VS2) would reflect too much color? I am planning on using platinum for the prongs. Thank you!

Ovals

Round
I like all of them but I don’t know much about ovals. With rounds you can definitely go lower. Even in white gold, a G will face up white so I wouldn’t worry about that. Which cut do you prefer? What kind of setting?

Terriyaki

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like all of them but I don’t know much about ovals. With rounds you can definitely go lower. Even in white gold, a G will face up white so I wouldn’t worry about that. Which cut do you prefer? What kind of setting?

It’s one of those things, that the more I think about, the more confused I get. They’re just all so pretty. I am leaning towards either the first oval or the round. I like how the oval is very long and lean. And I love how classy the round is.

I am def going to get a rose gold band with platinum or white gold prongs. Just haven’t decided if I want to get a hidden halo or not.

With the oval, I’m worried about it having some sort of bow tie effect that is not visible on the 360 degree vid.

Terriyaki

Rough_Rock
Trade
With a rose gold, you can get away with a lower color for sure. I wouldn't let that sway you. They are all lovely, but I'm partial to the round!

Oh that’s great to know about rose gold. Thank you for your response

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
It’s one of those things, that the more I think about, the more confused I get. They’re just all so pretty. I am leaning towards either the first oval or the round. I like how the oval is very long and lean. And I love how classy the round is.

I am def going to get a rose gold band with platinum or white gold prongs. Just haven’t decided if I want to get a hidden halo or not.

With the oval, I’m worried about it having some sort of bow tie effect that is not visible on the 360 degree vid.
Yeh it’s hard. I love both but I hate the bow ties. In that video it doesn’t look dark but once you have it, who knows!
I would definitely get platinum prongs and head with the rose gold setting. I came to that decision (was getting rose gold at that time) after seeing this video because I saw a huge difference in colour in the diamond.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh it’s hard. I love both but I hate the bow ties. In that video it doesn’t look dark but once you have it, who knows!
I would definitely get platinum prongs and head with the rose gold setting. I came to that decision (was getting rose gold at that time) after seeing this video because I saw a huge difference in colour in the diamond.
I'm not sure the colour of the diamond in the videos can be entirely attributed to the colours of the metals that makes up the heads in that video - lighting, angle of stones in relation to lighting, what the person is wearing, what the grading of the stones is... All are potential influencing factors!

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure the colour of the diamond in the videos can be entirely attributed to the colours of the metals that makes up the heads in that video - lighting, angle of stones in relation to lighting, what the person is wearing, what the grading of the stones is... All are potential influencing factors!
Yes, true. They are probably a different colour grading. I think the video just really put me off the rose gold head and claws lol

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
The second one looks like it will have a pretty noticeable bow tie. The first one is more promising, but you never really know with ovals until you see them in person. I prefer GCAL because of the included imagery on the certificates.

Terriyaki

Rough_Rock
Trade

There def is a difference depending on the color of the prongs. I went to Lauren B in NYC to check out some rings and our consultant recommended the two-tone rings. But I think it's really only noticeable when placed next to a diamond with gold or rose gold prongs. Those rings are stunning :kiss2:

Terriyaki

Rough_Rock
Trade
The second one looks like it will have a pretty noticeable bow tie. The first one is more promising, but you never really know with ovals until you see them in person. I prefer GCAL because of the included imagery on the certificates.

Yeah, I can kind of see the bowtie in that one. I wonder if the fat ovals tend to show more bowties. I really like the look of the long skinny ovals

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I can kind of see the bowtie in that one. I wonder if the fat ovals tend to show more bowties. I really like the look of the long skinny ovals

“Fatter” ovals tend to have less noticeable bow ties, if well cut. Longer, skinnier have a higher chance of a noticeable bow tie. Basically the closer to round brilliant an oval gets, the easier it is to find one without a noticeable bow tie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results