shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on the Tiffany HardWear SS pendant on silk cord?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece's husband has asked for suggestions for a piece of jewelry for her. As I was trawling through the Tiffany website, this caught my eye because of the pendant design itself & the silk cord, which has tipped ends & can be adjusted to different lengths. Even if you've not seen this particular pendant necklace, perhaps you have an opinion on what the SS pearl might be like -- would welcome any feedback you offer!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. That's *super* cute and is giving me ideas for my purse handle charms!

No opinion on the pearl... I do think this is more about the overall design than the pearl specifically, though, and I can say that Tiffany doesn't use "bad" pearls. It won't be the most amazing GSS out there but it'll sure as heck be nice!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh,, thanks ever so much, @yssie -- and I agree the pendant would be charm-ing on a handbag handle!

I'll forward the link to him and suggest that, if he thinks it's promising, he go ahead and place an online order since availability appears to be limited -- and it could be easily returned to the Tiffany store close to them (which does not have it in stock).

Again, I really appreciate your positive reinforcement (although I'd be no less grateful had you offered a harsh critique ;)))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be curious if he's willing to share any real-world photos once he gets it. Tiffany does #easybreezyluxe so well, I think, better than most bigger houses :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tres chic! Chain or cord--sweet necklace!

cheers--Sharon

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool! I haven't seen these before. I especially like the one @FL_runner posted with the rose gold chain.
I’ve been lusting after it on and off for about a year… every time I go to buy it it would go out of stock! Maybe the timing will finally work out, but I’m saving up for some other things…

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been lusting after it on and off for about a year… every time I go to buy it it would go out of stock! Maybe the timing will finally work out, but I’m saving up for some other things…

If its ment to be its ment to be
(My apologies as smilies not working on my post today)

Im tempted to say in 5 years time would you look black on missing out as the one that got away ?

but it looks a style that could be eaiserly replicated unless you really wanted the brand

And you could have so much on here shopping for the perfect pearl

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
If its ment to be its ment to be
(My apologies as smilies not working on my post today)

Im tempted to say in 5 years time would you look black on missing out as the one that got away ?

but it looks a style that could be eaiserly replicated unless you really wanted the brand

And you could have so much on here shopping for the perfect pearl

You have an excellent point about being able to find the perfect pearl! I think it’s one of those items I would love, but not a one-time thing I would lose sleep over :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have an excellent point about being able to find the perfect pearl! I think it’s one of those items I would love, but not a one-time thing I would lose sleep over :)

I still think about the 'mall jewler' ring i missed out on
My heart sank when it went on clearance and my piggy bank was empty
I still keep its picture in the hope one day it will turn up in cash converters or on trade me (nz ebay)

But im sure as a PS pearl loving collective when thw time is right for you we can sort that pendant out :appl:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Love this. They are all beautiful I’d just worry about the durability of the silk cord.
She's the mother of a newborn infant & 3 other children under the age of 8, so I'm thinking this silk cord (which isn't as thin as the one with, e.g., the Elsa Peretti Quadrifoglio pendant) will withstand more wearings than a more delicate chain ;)) (plus, she already has several other, dressier pendants on thin chains).

But her husband has observed that most of her jewelry is either white gold or platinum. I checked with a Tiffany online rep who told me that silver was the only white metal they used to make this style pendant (with a freshwater pearl) on the silk cord -- and even if silver would be an acceptable option, it's no longer in stock, she doesn't know if it will reappear. So he's not yet made a decision as to whether to order the one I linked.

Many thanks to all for your feedback!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a question about this kind of necklace
Ive been wearing my silver flower all week and the ends keep coming around to the front
How does one stop this happening?

I don't remember having this problem with it before but its now rather annoying

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results