shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Quest Jewelers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
I''m considering purchasing a custom two row eternity ring from Quest Jewelers and wanted to get your opinions as to service and quality of work? Any first hand experiences, either good or bad would be appreciated.

I also got a quote for the same custom ring from WF. The price differential between the two is substantial. One indicates the 10 pointers would be ideal (very well cut) and WF says they''ll be ACA which I believe means they will be hearts and arrows. With 10 pointers am I loosing much in fire and scinillation between the two. By the way, they are all E-F and VS quality. Thanks.

PS - Are diamonds of this size all machine cut or are some hand cut?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Love love love love LOVE Quest! I''ve worked with Pete and Huan on two projects and would absolutely go back again!!!
36.gif

I''ve also purchased three items from WF (worked with Bob) and they were great as well!

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the assurance. Any thoughts on the fire and scintillation based on the cut and quality?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen a lot of work done by Quest in real life, and it''s all been beautiful. Quest is actually working on my custom setting as we speak. (So obviously I''ve heard good things about them or I wouldn''t be going with them.) Also, I felt more comfortable going with a local vendor to do custom, and Quest is local to me. Don''t have any 1st-hand experience of WF; just what I know from here on PS, although mostly it sounds good. Most likely if I lived in TX (that''s where they are, right?) I''d be going with them.

The sidestones for my ring are going to be ideal cut or close; I too kinda wanted H&A, but I''m already somewhat over budget and didn''t know if it would be worth paying much more for the H&A for 10 - 16 point stones. Maybe I should have asked. ???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a custom setting from quest a few years ago and was very pleased. their customer service is top notch. I think the ideal cut melee they use in 10 pointers would be just fine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 5:06:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I bought a custom setting from quest a few years ago and was very pleased. their customer service is top notch. I think the ideal cut melee they use in 10 pointers would be just fine.
Ditto. They did a great job for me in making a RHR, their melee is top notch.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 5:12:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/12/2008 5:06:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Ditto. They did a great job for me in making a RHR, their melee is top notch.
Me too- their melee in my ring is beautiful. Can''t see any difference between theirs, whiteflash, or signed pieces personally. All lovely!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong here, both vendors produce beautiful rings and have a great reputation. Out of curiosity, which one was more expensive? Did the vendor suggest why it was? I would have thought that the two vendors would produce similar quotes.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
My DD and I have both worked with Quest for 2 custom projects, and we have only rave reviews. Their workmanship and their customer service are both INCREDIBLE. Pete will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

They also have a lifetime free resizing policy, and a lifetime free melee replacement policy.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your input. Both WF and Quest have been excellent in providing info and the quotes. Since they follow these chats and I''m discussing price with them now I don''t want to share their prices. It is very significant. Particularily when you all indicate there really isn''t a difference between WF ACA melee and Quest''s melee. I''ll try to share price differentials later.

By the way, Quest wants half the price down and I don''t get a chance to see a cad workup, picture model or wax model. Just a verbal assurance it will look like I''ve described. Whereas, WF will provide a wax workup for a $250 non refundable down payment. Once I OK the workup I pay the rest. For that reason, I would prefer doing business with WF. They allow you to make the decision with the most amount of info before committing. However, in defense of Quest, they say they have to buy the diamonds before they can mock up the final ring with there cad/cam software. I don''t know that I buy that. I''m willing to pay for the work up as a non refundable.

I''m in Chicago. I found a local jeweler, Porush Jewelers Inc., on Wabash Ave downtown in the diamond district. He has made a quote less than either WF or Quest with D-E very good to ideal cut 10 pointers. Anyone heard of Ben Porush or his work?

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results