shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Elyque Ovals

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - I'm new to PS and am looking for an oval and was informed about Elyque Ovals by August Vintage/Distinctive Gem. I'm most conserned with picking an oval and having it show too much color and having a bow tie so super interrested in this cut. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on them, too.

My biggest question: Is not having a bowtie and the stone facing up whiter worth the loss of finger coverage from the deeper cut?

Second question: is it worth the cost? Assuming I'd need to buy a larger carat weight to the the coverage of a smaller traditional oval.

I like the look of round brilliants but they just don't suit my finger like an oval shape does. Thinking this might be the best of both worlds? All opinions welcome!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Two things... 1. A smaller well cut stone will look larger 2. A well cut smaller stone will look "whiter" and not concentrate color at the ends of the stone.

Best thing to do is contact Rhino directly. He'll show you the difference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say that having a beautifully cut stone would be my top priority even if it meant a slightly smaller face up size. The Elyque ovals are very beautiful It is really hard to find great generic ovals, but it can't hurt to look just in case there is the needle in a haystack near your specs.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
Thanks @OcnGypZ & @diamondseeker2006 i just binged a ton of videos and love the cut, and do think I'd prefer it over a larger traditional oval. I'm going to have to get over the face up size. I was wanting ~1.25-1.50 but I'm probably going to be looking for 1.50+ in the Elyque to get similar coverage even though it'll cost more it's probably worth it.

Autpilot2020

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - I'm new to PS and am looking for an oval and was informed about Elyque Ovals by August Vintage/Distinctive Gem. I'm most conserned with picking an oval and having it show too much color and having a bow tie so super interrested in this cut. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on them, too.

My biggest question: Is not having a bowtie and the stone facing up whiter worth the loss of finger coverage from the deeper cut?

Second question: is it worth the cost? Assuming I'd need to buy a larger carat weight to the the coverage of a smaller traditional oval.

I like the look of round brilliants but they just don't suit my finger like an oval shape does. Thinking this might be the best of both worlds? All opinions welcome!

Did you end up choosing the Elyque?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results