shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on art deco target ring please

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are seriously considering purchasing this art deco emerald target ring as an engagement ring, but I can't help but feel like it's a little overpriced for what it is. That being said I have scoured the internet looking for similar rings, and have found a few, but none of them have the same intricate gallery or YG outside bezel. It really does appear to be one-of-a-kind. I am hoping you guys can help me with this. Is the price fair for this ring?

Here's the stats:

.80 OEC diamond
G-H in color SI2 clarity (presents clear to the naked eye)
.90ct of French cut Emeralds
$5,100 USD

And here's a pic (with boyfriend's hairy knuckles, too!)
photo_190.jpg

Just as a note of interest, we found this ring in New York. Don't know if that affects the price or not.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds way too high to me for an ungraded .80 SI2 diamond.

Are you interested only in an antique? If you are interested in having one made, Engagement Rings Direct can make one and there are multiple places to get an OEC diamond. ERD doesn't have that exact design pictured, but they do similar rings so I am pretty sure they could do it. I just think you could have it made like you want and choose a better diamond for the center. I do have to warn you that emeralds are a little fragile and I would not choose them for a ring I planned on wearing all day, 7 days a week. You'll have to be very careful if you do.

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/royal-chandelier-cushion-brilliant-collection-pcid-44.html

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ clearly we both think ERD is a good choice lol.

The AVR k SI1 I posted in the other thread I think would be lovely. Bezeling it would hid the side which shows the moat color. Plus old cuts hold color nicely. And the softer less stark white would look very nice with the green. Plus a k that size will face up nice and white. And would leave you about 3k for the most amazing ring you could think up.

Also to DSs point. Rubys might be an option if you're concerned about durability. It could also be done with a yellow gold outer bezel and look lovely. But I understand wanting green. That's a very unique color in a target ring.

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the great insight on the durability of emeralds diamondseeker2006!
And for the wonderful links to the diamonds and settings, thanks Neil!

I think with this new knowledge we will probably consider an alternate path. Thank you so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results