Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 4 oval stones

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
Can anyone take a look and weigh in on these Blue Nile ovals? Looking for as close to 2 carats as possible that faces up big and sparkly around 14-15k. Not super picky on l:w ratio. The whiter the better but I know there has to be some sacrifice. I asked about ovals last week and you guys were super helpful. I *think* I"m getting better at picking.

Goose682

Rough_Rock
What do you think @tyty333? These all 3 seem to fit in the middle category (strong light return limited to the band across the center of the stone) of ovals you discussed in the last post @brucie1855 made, right? I think I like the last option the most, but I’m still learning!:)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which are you most attracted to?

Everyone will have their own tastes and opinions, which may not match yours ;-) lol

That said, to stick my oar in... :razz:

I'm not keen on 3 and 4. They seem to 'window' (go see through) too much when they are rotated, and the narrow ends don't really have defined faceting.

1 and 2 are stronger IMO - the narrow end facets are chunkier and performing better, to my eyes, and they don't window so much when rotated / tilted.

All 'classic' ovals (such as these) seem to window to some extent when rotated, though, so you will struggle to avoid that unless you go for a Distinctive Gems oval in either modern or antique cut.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.