shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 4 oval stones

brucie1855

Rough_Rock
Can anyone take a look and weigh in on these Blue Nile ovals? Looking for as close to 2 carats as possible that faces up big and sparkly around 14-15k. Not super picky on l:w ratio. The whiter the better but I know there has to be some sacrifice. I asked about ovals last week and you guys were super helpful. I *think* I"m getting better at picking.

Goose682

Rough_Rock
What do you think @tyty333? These all 3 seem to fit in the middle category (strong light return limited to the band across the center of the stone) of ovals you discussed in the last post @brucie1855 made, right? I think I like the last option the most, but I’m still learning!:)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which are you most attracted to?

Everyone will have their own tastes and opinions, which may not match yours ;-) lol

That said, to stick my oar in... :razz:

I'm not keen on 3 and 4. They seem to 'window' (go see through) too much when they are rotated, and the narrow ends don't really have defined faceting.

1 and 2 are stronger IMO - the narrow end facets are chunkier and performing better, to my eyes, and they don't window so much when rotated / tilted.

All 'classic' ovals (such as these) seem to window to some extent when rotated, though, so you will struggle to avoid that unless you go for a Distinctive Gems oval in either modern or antique cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results