shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 2 JA stones?

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can I have your opinions or suggestions on the following stones. I'm thinking of just buying one of them and seeing what it looks like in person. My budget for the stone is about $3,000. Thanks.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Both are blue nuanced...is that something that you are specifically looking for?

If so, then probably the second one.

If not, then you should be able to find an E or an F around that carat weight in your budget.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Both are blue nuanced...is that something that you are specifically looking for?

If so, then probably the second one.

If not, then you should be able to find an E or an F around that carat weight in your budget.

Actually I never heard of blue nuanced before. No I don't think I would like that. Is there a search filter for that? Thanks.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Actually I never heard of blue nuanced before. No I don't think I would like that. Is there a search filter for that? Thanks.

Usually, there is no filter for including/excluding them during a search.

They are usually predominantly found in G or lower color grades, but I have seen some borderline blue nuance in some higher grade F and even a few E grades.

If it looks like an ice cube out of an old cartoon (noticeable blue twinge), then it likely has a hint of blue nuance...and it may not be listed on the cert.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Usually, there is no filter for including/excluding them during a search.

They are usually predominantly found in G or lower color grades, but I have seen some borderline blue nuance in some higher grade F and even a few E grades.

If it looks like an ice cube out of an old cartoon (noticeable blue twinge), then it likely has a hint of blue nuance...and it may not be listed on the cert.

Is it mostly associated with Lab diamonds? How do you determine how much blue you should see in the diamond? Thanks.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is it mostly associated with Lab diamonds? How do you determine how much blue you should see in the diamond? Thanks.

Usually, yes, it is associated with LGD's based on the HPHT "high pressure, high temperature" method since boron is used during the process, and excess traces of boron embedded in the crystal structure will cause the blue twinge.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's a blue nuance J VS1 - notice the blue at the top and bottom from a side angle:

BlueNuanceSideView.png

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here's a great real-world example of how a blue nuance looks in different lighting conditions set in a yellow gold ring:
Blue Nuance Lab Diamond | PriceScope

And another example of one in a jewel picker:
Bought this J VS1 with blue nuance, came in today ... what do you think? | PriceScope

Thanks for the info. What about this stone?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is there any specific criteria that you are looking for in a diamond, Tippytoes?

Carat range?
Color range/limit?
Clarity range/limit?
Crown angle range?
Pavilion angle range?
Table size range?
Overall width range?
Hearts & Arrows listed on cert?

I (and I'm sure others here) can help you look, if you can arm me/us with as much ammo as possible to narrow down exactly what you desire in a diamond.

Here's a seemingly gorgeous 1.59 E SI1 with what should be an easy to hide (consult with your preferred jeweler) ghostly whisper of an inclusion out near the girdle in the crown, a very slight one just under the table, and great overall dimensions: loose diamonds, round cut, 1.59 carat e color si1 clarity ideal cut sku 10799265 (jamesallen.com)

Last edited:

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
I basically want something that will sparkle brilliantly and be a nice size.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I basically want something that will sparkle brilliantly and be a nice size.

Did you take a peek at the 1.59 E that I posted right above your last reply?

JA has a 30 day return policy, if you feel like getting it (or any of their other offering) in your hands for a live look and scrutinization.

Screenshot_20210511-212612.png

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
Did you take a peek at the 1.59 E that I posted right above your last reply?

JA has a 30 day return policy, if you feel like getting it (or any of their other offering) in your hands for a live look and scrutinization.

Screenshot_20210511-212612.png
Thank you. I will do that.

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade
What about this one? I've gone up in my budget somewhat.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What about this one? I've gone up in my budget somewhat.

Looks nice.

Check out these others, as well...I included Hearts & Arrows on the certs, which usually indicates a slightly better cut quality and proportions:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results