shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions needed please

luvnlife

Rough_Rock
A diamond that was passed down and don't have a certificate. Can anyone guess as to what the angles might be on this?

IMG_0107_1.jpg IMG_0107_1.jpg

IMG_0107.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, we can't guess such things, but from the photo it does look well cut!

I would have it sent to GIA to be certed.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
yeah, there is noway anybody can tell you that by looking at the picture. It certainly is a beautiful diamond. You should send it to GIA to get it graded =)

luvnlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks minmin001 and Dreamer D. It is a very beautiful stone, but you can only see white arrows with the naked eye, never black unless taking a photo. And seems to have great fire and brightness -- although I am not sure exactly what constitutes fire. ---sparkle??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dark arrows come with the obstruction of light - what you are describing is a normal occurence in well cut stones.

It does seem to be well cut and would certainly warrant sending to GIA or AGS for certification.

What a lovely thing to receive - you are very fortunate!!

luvnlife

Rough_Rock
Do you think this shows any signs of leakage, or do you need more pics to tell? I was told it is a Gia XXX.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it looks really nice from the photo. the arrows are never as black IRL as they are in some vendor photos, so nothing to worry about there!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks like a well cut stone too. Agree with others that it's a good idea to get a GIA report, or at least get an appraisal for insurance. With that you'll know the numbers for certain.

Judging from what I have seen, my uneducated guess is that it probably has a ~59% table and maybe ~40.8 pavilion angle.

I think it looks something like these

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2618009.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2372483.htm
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1334682.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

It may have slight leakage under the table if it has a higher crown angle, but I don't think I can tell from your photo.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would guess little deeper pav from table reflection for the table size and table looks relatively small. But I am not a pro, make an appt w/ an independent professional appraiser and get it looked at, and get it scanned, if you want more info w/o waiting for one of the big labs.

ETA - Karl's article here describes how the arrows are last to "leak" in a deep stone

ETA - reposting as larger pic, hope you don't mind
IMG_0107_3.jpg

luvnlife

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone's help. We are trying to find the cert, so just a matter of time I hope.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh heck, why not. I'll guess 58/41.2.

Hope you find the report soon 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results