carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on unusual step cut cushion ASET please

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all

I keep being drawn to unusual fancy cut diamonds and I found this one, which I'm halfway through buying:

20190901_142720.jpg

I almost ruled it out because of the amount of black showing up when the diamond is face-on, but then I saw the ASET and was thinking that with all that red and so little leakage and the fact that the black/ blue forms a pattern across the diamond that it could be a real knockout stone:

20190901_142646.jpg

Or it could be overly dark because of too much contrast.........

I think its the same cut pattern as the Tiffany legacy and I know that they can get mixed reviews. Ive considered other similar stones before but ruled them out because of too much leakage and too much obstruction. But this one could be a game changer...... ot not?????

Ive seen a video of the stone and the facets do turn on and off nicely as it spins. My main concern is the face-on view because thats when the obstruction is most apparent.

Any input gratefully accepted =)2

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In this case the black in ASET is the lens in the center of the scope, which is worse case for obstruction because there is a good chance it will stay dark to far away.
Up close when you can see the patterns contrast is great but once you get past the point that you can not see the patterns they just make the stone look dark unless they go bright.
Small amounts are often not an issue but this one it has the potential to be an issue in this case.
I have noticed that many of this design are that way.
As long as you have a good return policy its worth a look since you are already in the purchase process.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karl, really helpful. I haven't paid for it yet as I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the dimensions of the stone (GIA cert dimensions don't match the images in terms of shape/ ratio). I posted a question about that in a different thread. So its far from a done deal yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results